post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Oct 2010
Vehicle: 1993 300CE Cabrio, blue on blue on blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
An original 300CE Cabrio on the Wet Coast of Canada

I'm new here, but on a bunch of other forums, such as AudiWorld, StromTrooper (Suzuki v-strom owners), ADV-Riders (Adventure-touring bikes), etc.

I got the '93 300 CE Cabrio in June, and its a low-mileage car originally sold in West Vancouver. I've been fixing the front-end/steering. Otherwise its great, except for slight oil leaks. But only at the valve-covers, cylinder head, main-seal, tranny cover, driveshaft, and differential. Other than that, no oil-leaks at all!

I also have a '92 VW double cab 1-ton truck (bought new), my New Beetle TDI that I bought new in '98 is now my son's car, I have a 2000 A6 Quattro twin-turbo, 6-speed that's chipped and riding on Eibach/Koni suspension, a 2008 Suzuki vStrom, and my wife has a 2009 Jetta TDI wagon with DSG that we drove to Mexico in August, and came back to Vancouver via Wisconsin and lake Superior (picked up a jet-boat that I bought on eBay). The GPS says we covered over 10,000kms on that trip (about 6300 miles in 9 days of driving).

My first benz was a 1970 300 SEL 4.5 that I bought in the late '80s for $4500 with a worn-out front-end.
I rebuilt the suspension myself, but spent $2 grand on parts and getting control-arms align-bored for new king-pins, etc.
I sold the car when all was done for $6500, netting a profit of .... nothing.
But other than an incredible thirst for fuel, I loved that car. Possibly the largest go-kart ever mass-produced!

Right now, I'm looking for some decent, stock 16" alloys (the 8-hole, type "92") for the cabrio. I need them to get collector plates on the car, which drops the insurance substantially. If you know of any, send me a PM or reply to this message.
The 20-spoke 18" sport wheels will go up for sale.

-Brian in Ladner (Delta) BC, 2 bridges south of Vancouver
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: