post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Sep 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Angry New 2010 Vito "Ongoing saga"

Hi all

Just thought i would share with you the problems i'm having with my brand new Mercedes vito 111CDI Traveliner

I purposely avoiding buying the latest shape as they would bound to have gremlins that needed ironing out and bought the last of the "old shape" (after all they make 100,000 of these a year and have been producing them for 6 years

It was delivered from the factory with the propshaft out of alignment causing a vibration at 30mph took it back to the dealer and they managed to "shift" it from 30mph to 70mph .. so back to the dealer and they sorted it (by the way the dealer told me that my Vito's "sister" delivered on the same transporter had the identical fault)

I was washing it after a week of ownership and noticed that the paint had rubbed off the bottom of both sliding doors. It turned out both sliding doors were out of alignment and the shut lines were way off, so it was back to the dealer who have re-aligned the doors and repainted them (the shutlines are now cavernous and you can see the black rubbers)

It then developed a "snatch" from the gearbox in 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd, back to the dealers and they said that the clutch release bearing had stuck on the gearbox spline, guess what couple of days later the same fault.

The vehicle is now 10 weeks old and in my normal business use it should of covered well over 7,000 miles it is now at 3,200 miles and i'm giving up with the vehicle.

I emailed Mercedes to complain and had this arrogant reply that "we offer a three year warranty on new vehicles and we have spoken to the dealer who has confirmed they have repaired the vehicle with each fault you have come up with, therefore we are satisfied the warranty is being honoured and reject your complaint)

Not very happy with this vehicle and tomorrow it is being inspected by the Vehicle Inspectorate with a view of trying to reject the vehicle "not fit for purpose" (why oh why don't we have a "lemon law" in the UK)

The dealer keeps saying "never had this problem before" which is what you would expect them to say ... just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.

I cant put my finger on it but it feels like the vehicle isnt straight, some of the welded seams on the panel folds are creased with "bubbles" in them it really is quite shocking

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: