Att: please read concerning your transmission warranty on 722.9 transmissions - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 08:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Streetglower View Post

and as far as goodwill goes, the dealers goodwill based on several factors. if the car was purchased at that dealer, if the customer is a good customer (spends money on services, buys several cars, etc....), if the car just got out of warranty, and last but not least stuff is goodwilled if the customer raises enough hell (basically whines and cries IMO). sorry to say that but i have seen it.
We are only human, so we are allow human reaction, but looking at the issue from MBUSA perspective, I'd say it is the dealer who screw up by not convincing the customer to do the service when it was due.
Did the Service Adviser cry, or raised the hell when customer refused?
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
We are only human, so we are allow human reaction, but looking at the issue from MBUSA perspective, I'd say it is the dealer who screw up by not convincing the customer to do the service when it was due.
Did the Service Adviser cry, or raised the hell when customer refused?
service advisors dont care if the customer refuses the job, yea they ultimelty dont make money from the vehicle, but they dont care, they move to the next customer. from my standpoint, i recommend all kinds of services to customers. trans service, brake flushes, coolant flushes, etc... but most customers deny it based on what i feel is the cost. yea it is costly but again this isnt a honda. anyway, in this situation we are waiting to hear from are dealer spom to see if they are going to help the customer, if not the service manager is going to goodwill the trans and converter based on they are telling mbusa that they dont feel that a missed trans service is the cause of the damage. but again this customer did decline to perform the service at 42K miles.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 07:06 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jun 2015
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Streetglower View Post
before i write this i would like everyone to know if you dont know already i am a mercedes benz master tech. this may come as a suprise to some of you, others may think it is a joke but i would tell it anyway. mercedes is cracking down on transmission repairs on the 722.9 transmission especially on cars that are over 40,000 miles still in warranty or that have ELW. mercedes is starting to deny replacing transmissions for internal issues if the car did not have the 39K trans service performed. this does NOT include valve body repairs, only cases where the transmission requires replacement due to internal failures or extreme damage. i am dealing with a vehicle right now that this issue has come up. car in an 06 E350 with 48K miles with ELW warranty. car was towed into the dealer and wouldnt move in reverse or drive. found the trans pump was not working as no fluid was coming out of the lines. anyway i took apart the trans to find the pump has broke apart, the bushing seized to the torque converter and the pump had caused damage to the bell housing. needless to say due to the amount of damage we requested a transmission through MBUSA. they denied the request saying that according to records the customer had not serviced the trans at the required 39K miles. again we requested either to fix the trans or replace and again was denied on the account of maintenece wasnt performed. after speaking with TAC (tech assistance center we were told MBUSA is denying trans repairs due to lack of maiantence. and in this case the customer had declined trans service previously at 42K miles. now its a matter of the customer being responsible for over $5000 in trans repairs all because maintenece wasnt performed. the issue is still being delt with as our service manager hasnt arrived back from the weekend but when he does we will see what the outcome is. i will keep everyone informed as to the outcome.
now i know that some of you will find this to be unreasonable, others may get mad, whatever the case may be i am just informing you that the next time you are offered the service it may be wise for you to do it. yes i do make money by doing the service and so does the dealer but by you spending $400-$600 now will save you from a $5000 repair later. well i know i will get alot of feedback on this so..............
i'm also a master tech in the automotive trans . field . but my question is how can they not fix it if it is stated on the trans pan that it is filled with life time fluid ???????? meaning it doesn't need to be serviced .....
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: