How do you deal with haters? v. trash that doesn't care you drive a nice car - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Date registered: Jul 2009
Vehicle: 2006 C230 Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How do you deal with haters? v. trash that doesn't care you drive a nice car

Ive had my car for a year and a half (06 C230) and its just bound to happen, I found a dent the size of a quarter next to my gas cap cover. I was able to go in through the trunk and tap it out. Its barely noticeable but the thing that bothers me is that it looks absolutely nothing like a door ding or a shopping cart ding. It looks intentional. What bangs into a car with a sharp pointed tip 4ft off the ground?

But its not even the intentional stuff either. One day I was sitting in my car at a park waiting on my wife and some tourists pulled up in a Cadillac SUV. They nailed the piss out of my car when the person seated behind the driver open the door. And whats worse is that they laughed, until I got out of the car and asked what the fuck their problem was. Their response "Chill out bro we're on vacation!!!!"

If they weren't driving a rental I swear I would have destroyed their car, I probably would have even destroyed the rental but there were no marks left.

Im not quite sure where the ding happened, as I noticed it in the morning after I went to work so it may very well have been a door or a shopping car.

I live in an apartment complex (only 8 more months till I move into my house thank God) and some of the people here are straight dirt. I find myself constantly looking out my window and making sure no one is screwing with my car. This morning I went to go to Home Depot and there was a truck parked so close to me I had to get in through the passenger side. Its really starting to bug me that it just sits out there in the open all night and lately I've been getting alot of "looks" from punk 20 somethings as I drive through the parking lot.

I have a $250 comprehensive deductible. Just for my own peace of mind, how does that work? Say I go out there and my emblem is ripped off and theres a gash down the side. Call the cops, they do a police report and I file a claim with Geico? But then won't my insurance payments go up? I'm under 25 but have zero speeding tickets, accidents, etc.

It just really irritates me that because these people don't want to make an effort to better their lives they'll try to bring you down to their level. I wish I could show all of them the beautiful garage that this is going to be sitting in every night soon.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Last edited by Achped; 09-19-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 08:02 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Sep 2010
Vehicle: 1997 E320
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know exactly what your talking about i live in a town house complex and drive a 97 e320 nothing special but a nice care never the less. People give me dirty looks all the time all the while driving newer cars that are worth more, but in thier mind im driving a 80k car and im a drug dealer. I really like mercedes benz and work hard for what i got wish people would except that.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 08:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Here in California we have gated communities almost every couple of miles. When I pull to parking lot at local grocery story, every other car in Mercedes, with few Porsche and couple of Rolls.
So far my 12 years old car has 4 dings I know about.
3 were there when I bought it, the 4th I did myself.
Unfortunately good neighborhood comes with high property taxes.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 09:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
Hawaii/Honolulu is a tough place for cars. Due to land costs, most parking lot spaces are fairly cramped with narrow spaces, while everyone seems to have an SUV or pickup truck parked on either side of you. Couple that with the sheer number of cars on the island (Oahu) and it's easy to see why avoiding just the accidental dings and chips can be hard.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 02:34 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Sep 2010
here's how you deal with them. keep doing what you do and then when you upgrade to something like an E63 AMG be sure to roll by them and just laugh's what I usually like to do.

however, it'll prob make them hate you more but hey....if you don't have haters you're not doing something right
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: