Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2004 CLK 240 Coupe
Location: Norfolk. UK
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
That information leads me to your ESP control unit (N47/5) located in the engine bay. Extract of it's functions from the WIS:
* Performs all brake control functions for ABS, ASR and ESP.
* Supplies other systems with the vehicle speed signal and wheel RPM signals.
* Via the engine compartment CAN bus, supplies the Instrument cluster with the signals for ABS indicator lamp, ESP warning lamp, multifunction display.
There is more, but that covers your problem area. So the data route is:
1) Sensors L6/1, L6/2, L6/3, L6/4
3) CAN-C bus
4) Instrument cluster - electronic speedo, multifunction display.
But before considering a changeout of this unit, you should get your codes read.