LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Remote Start - E Class Coupe 350

I'm interested in getting a remote start installed in my E350.

Has anyone had this done to their Merc? I need to know how it works, any negative side effects, and average cost of installation.

Please advise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 2011 E350 COUPE - DIAMOND WHITE
Lifetime Premium Member
Post REMOTE START

Sage1982,

I just purchased an E-350 and asked my dealership accessory lady about remote... She told me it was around 1200. I found out that I can get a complete Viper system with necessary modules for remote start, w/iPhone integration for around 1300...

E-350 COUPE
DIAMOND WHITE
P01
APPEARANCE PKG
REAR DECK SPOILER
WOOD TRIM PKG
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 07:23 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2010
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Post E 350 remote start

I have a 2010 Mercedes E 350 coupe. I have a Mid City Engineering remote start with Viper smart start module. You can remote start with factory remote by tapping panic button on remote. Car starts for ten minutes. You can unlock with factory remote when car is running. The Viper smart start module let's you start, Lock, Unlock, Trunk Open, with IPhone or Droide phone. The system works perfectly it's like a factory installed accessory.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 07:08 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisdeglomini View Post
I have a 2010 Mercedes E 350 coupe. I have a Mid City Engineering remote start with Viper smart start module.
I'm looking into the Mid City Engineering remote start for my 2011 E350 Wagon.
Their website states that there is an iPhone app. Was this app not available when you installed? Is there any other reason for the Viper smart start module other than the app?

Can you lock and unlock the car with the key while it's running (after driving awhile without remote starting). I need to be able to lock and unlock the car while it's running so that my large dog can have AC or heat running at times when I can't take him in with me during appointments/meetings.

Thanks for any info you could provide.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 07:18 PM
BenzWorld Member

Mid city Engineering remote start is iPhone app ready. You must purchase The Viper smart start module or the Drone Moble module. Both devices plug into data port on remote start module. You can unlock and lock when car is running. You can also open trunk with iPhone app.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 12:57 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jun 2011
Thanks for the quick response. Is the remote start module installed in an easily accessible location to plug the Viper into the data port or do I have to have the installer do it?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 02:04 PM
BenzWorld Member

The remote start is close to the Ing. Switch. You have to mount The viper smart start as high as posible under dash because the Antenna needs good signal strength to communicate with the IPhone. I am a pro installer. You have to be a viper dealer to activate Viper Smart start module. I would recommend going to a Viper Dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in