post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Used Car Dealer Prep Fee?

Hey guys,
I am looking to buy an 07 CLS and I have found one I like which is CPO and I'll be buying the 2 year extension from Lisa in Chico, CA. My question is, do you know if they charge a dealer prep fee? I have read about it other places and I wanted to be sure.

Also aside from taxes, title, registration, would there or should there be any other fees?

Anything you guys have to warn me about buying the warranty from Lisa? Thanks a lot! I have been a stalker for a while and decided to join considering I think I'll be buying tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 06:02 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jan 2010
Vehicle: E 550 4 matic 2010
welcome. Never heard of that 2 year extention and don t generally buy extended warrenties. So this is from a certified MB dealer? If so there is already an extended warrenty on CPO s. There should be no other fees. Prep fee would be a rippoff add-on and I wouldn t pay it.

2010 E550 4matic, AMG Package
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Aug 2010
(Thread Starter)
Hey,
It is from a dealer, it comes with a 5 year, 100k mile warranty. However, I have seen people talk about getting it extended to 7 year /100k miles thats why I mentioned the 2 year extension.

The dealer isnt asking for a prep fee but what got me suspicious was that he mentioned that he will get the car all "prepped" for me and so I got a bit worried. Thank you for your response.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 02:09 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: Several MB's
Quote:
Originally Posted by nktech View Post
Hey,
It is from a dealer, it comes with a 5 year, 100k mile warranty. However, I have seen people talk about getting it extended to 7 year /100k miles thats why I mentioned the 2 year extension.

The dealer isnt asking for a prep fee but what got me suspicious was that he mentioned that he will get the car all "prepped" for me and so I got a bit worried. Thank you for your response.
Dealer prep typically consists of running it through an automatic car scratch, I mean wash, wiping it with an oft used rag and perhaps putting on a cheap polish everywhere. I normally tell them to leave the car alone since they do more damage than good.

Lou K
Several And various Autos
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I'm with Lou if they have an automatic car wash with brushes. There should be no additional fee but bear in mind there are hidden costs on a CPO car. If done properly the inspection is labor intensive and there are probably parts costs built in.

I think the guy meant they are detailing it for you. I bought one and extended the CPO warranty to the maximum allowed. I might have been lucky but it more than paid for itself.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in