BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Changing Low beam headlamp 2005 C-230
This is very simple It took us awhile to figure this out with all the posts so maybe we can simplify it for those who need it simple.
1) Press the clamp housing cover tab. Located at the top and slightly to the right looking straight down on it. It will pop off.
2) Pull the electrical connector off the bulb, you may have to wiggle it a little but it will pull straight off. Might take some muscle it will pop off.
3) The h7-55w 12v lamp will be right there. There are two tabs that stick out located on both sides of a ring looking down on it. These tabs are on a round plastic ring around the outside of the bulb that will swivel around the bulb. With your right hand place your fingers on both and rotate counter-clockwise, it will produce one poping sound. Now take out the old bulb.
4) Take the new bulb and replace with the large tab on the bulb pointing upward. Now just place your fingers on the round plastic ring tabs and rotate it clockwise until you feel it move back into place and hear it pop. Your all set to place the electrical connector back on.
5) Now just take the housing cover with two small tabs on the bottom, align in the holes and snap back on where the push tab botton goes back near the top.
Your Done. Once you do this it should only take you three minutes to install. First time maybe ten.