SO Frustrated....all about a single simple key! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
SO Frustrated....all about a single simple key!

ok this has all been on my mind pretty much all this month.

I have my s500 in storage well I have beem so busy that I havent driven it in like over a month probably closer to two. I want to get it out before its starts deteriorating, I am almost certain something is going to be wrong when I get it started, that is if I can ever get that far.

To start off with I cant find key, been looking for like 3 weeks now actively looking for like a week. I lost it mainly due to the fact that some how the blade in it broke so I couldnt keep it on a key chain. Was on my to do list to get replacement blade but been working 12+ hours a day, last thing I want to do on my day off is head to parts department way on other side of the city and depress myself over spending $250 on a new key, been hoping it would show up

went to the car to fetch registration to get replacement as I give up on finding the key, keep in mind I am still trying to get over the fact that I have to shell out a good 250 for a new one, I go to the car, battery is dead!...another issue dont know how long that has been that way at least 2 weeks.

To top everything off I cant find registration to get the dam key!!!!

So add going to the treasury Dept to the list to get copy!!! We are looking at new apartments, so girl has been begging me to go with her to look at these new lofts she likes. all this without a damn cell phone because I dropped it into a drum of cleaner! So I need to dish out $100 for asurion to get me a replacement! My world is a couple incidents short from being an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm

OMG I dont know who to hate right now!!! Sorry need to vent

I feel like everything possible is happening to keep me from driving car. and while I tell myself that Ill get to it, fact is im only able to get to it 2 days out of the week, and well my plate of things to do just doesnt get any smaller. Dont know who I pity more myself or the poor car neglected!

anyone know cheapest place to buy master key for w220? local here is 250 which I know I have to spend, but its almost a hassle to go there, I would rather order it online, and have it shipped, so any recommendations? or words of advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 04:39 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2005 S55; 2003 ML350; 2002 C240; 1997 C280 Sport; 1991 300SL; 1986 190e 2.3 16V (2); 1968 W30 442
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Shop around different stealerships. You can now only get keys at the stealership.

Thanks!
Fred
2005 S55
2003 ML350
2002 C240
1997 C280 Sport
1991 300SL
1986 190e 2.3 16V (2)
1968 W30 442
1988 46' Cougar US1 with Triple blown 572s
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/waybomb/
Warming the Globe, 24 Cylinders at a Time
Point me to a 126 wagon in the States PLEASE!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 04:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Yeah. I remember the other story about aging man starting his day with a can of cold coke, that he took a sip from, put on the table on the porch and went to check the mail box. On his way he tried to fire up lawnmower, that had bad gas, so he walk with a gascan to gas station, but meet a neighbor with other problem and gave him a hand.
The day ended with lawn not mowed, mail still in the box and warm coke on the porch table.
Having single key for Mercedes is never good option. Those electronic chips occasionally like to die and taking a chance that it will not happen on your vacation is poor choice IMHO.
New chrome keys are very nice replacement BTW.
At least you didn't drop the cellphone into coffee when the stupid female driver distracted you from shaving behind the wheel
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
yea I know I can only get them at the dealership. If I remember correctly thought there was a parts store somewhere online that everyone was getting them for like 60, then it went up to 160, still I wouldnt mind paying the 160 but I cant remember where it was at and cant find the thread.

thanks for the words I got a smile out of it. Just man, I also have a s600 and I have been spending all my time on that. its like having two girlfriend and well the s500 is jealous right now and KEYING the ISH out of my life haha

I did used to have 2, I bought the car it only came with the ugly black plastic one, owner threw away the other one because it didnt work, well I bought a replacement back then I got the chrome one. Was a damn nice key. I gave one to the girlfriend, and hung onto the chrome one. Well its always on the dresser and recently someone cleaned and now its MIA.

So I ask girlfriend for the old one I had given her as the spare, said it was in her old purse, and cant remember which one, so cant find it. we know how many women go through. said its my fault for buying her more than one purse. FML lol

Last edited by donjuan45i; 08-09-2010 at 06:03 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 85 300SL Euro,97 SL320,95 S420,07 S550
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think you are just sloppy,get your stuff together,key always on the same place,registration with insurance card in glove box,if you don't use your car put a trickle charger on,the cell phone no comment seems clumpsy too.
Did you say you have a W220?I know by my 2004 SL I have to have everything reprogrammed takes 1 hour at the dealer ,and yes approx $100.00
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
reprogrammed? if I remember right its like iginition in position 2. bank steering wheel to left then right then left then right or vise versa. I live in apartments unlikely to hook up battery maintainer. Registration typically is always in my owners manual with all other fuzz documents. I took it out a while ago so I could order the blade, just never got around to it. I found it tho so WHEW, saves me a trip to the farm of a treasury dept we have.

Phone yea that was a 1 in a million shot into that drum, should be here tomorrow. Was teaching these guys how to repair air lines, and somehow managed to knock my holster from my belt and into the barely big enough opening of solvent. Should be here tomorrow though. My world should start shifting once I have that in my hands. I think once I get everything going I might open up to the idea of selling it my s500. Would be one less thing to worry about would give me a little extra money, and ill still have my 600.

Yea the car thats been sitting is my w220.

Your right it is sloppy but organizing it has been tough, especially if I plan making anytime to sleep. I was recently promoted to management while its good, taking on all the added responsibility has made me sacrifice some valuable personal time. My life has been anything but routine. I head to work at about 6am, dont head home til about 730pm. hard to keep a schedule when you dont even have 3 hours to get anything done during the day. Everything gets put off to those 2 days I am free in which theres a HUGE list of things to do. I miss sales, but this transition will hopefully pay off in the end with nicer rewards and security, that sales didnt give me

Just feel like I am slacking, a time issue more than anything, its not that I am lazy... I need an assistant haha

Last edited by donjuan45i; 08-09-2010 at 09:57 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

I'm not sure how it is by the W220 but what you described with the steering wheel is if you have the ASR light or so coming on.
I put a new Battery in the SL .not only you could get the battery only at the dealer,they have to put the car on the computer and reprogram everything otherwise not only the top would open.
So $270 for the Battery and $100 for installing.
BTW you have 2 batteries don't forget check out which is done.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 11:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2002
Vehicle: 92 500SEL to 01 E320T and others
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulflei View Post
I'm not sure how it is by the W220 but what you described with the steering wheel is if you have the ASR light or so coming on.
I put a new Battery in the SL .not only you could get the battery only at the dealer,they have to put the car on the computer and reprogram everything otherwise not only the top would open.
So $270 for the Battery and $100 for installing.
BTW you have 2 batteries don't forget check out which is done.
Had you used Road Aid they would have installed the battery with no charge for labor, I think it is BS that they had to hook it up to a computer.
ROAD AID is free for the life of your MB even if you are not the one driving it. Of course the batteri(s) are not and most dealers charge the over the counter price, and will give you a discount for belonging to the Mercedes club, MBCA. My dealer offers 10% on parts and labor.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 01:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I had it done by my friend who has a small Mercedes repair facility,so I know that he had to put it on the computer.
That is only if it is the big battery in the trunk not the small one in front.
Maybe it's only by the SL I don't know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in