BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S550, Jeep Grand
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mercedes AMG Driving Academy PRO Training Inside Look

Excerpt from eMercedesBenz

To view the full article and 180 photos from the event, click the link below.

"I was at Road Atlanta and attended the AMG Driving Academy’s PRO event, and I’ve got a detailed look at what’s in store for you, should you decide to attend. But regardless of the class you’re interested in, whether BASIC, ADVANCED or PRO, read on, as my time in the PRO training is still going to give you a lovely taste of all three programs. If you’re short on time and want the five second summary, I’ll make it simple for you: if you’re considering any of three, stop deliberating and just go. You’ll have a fantastic time, you’ll meet a lot of terrific people, and you’ll learn more than you ever thought you could about driving. Easy enough, right? Now, let’s get to what makes the AMG Driving Academy so great.

Mercedes-AMG Driving Academy PRO Training: Day One

Starting day one, I felt a little like I did my first day of high school. It was my first time attending an AMG Driving Academy – I had no idea what lie in store, nor did I know any of the other attendees – so there was a good dose of excitement paired with a bit of uneasiness of the unknown. Arriving at Road Atlanta for the first time did little to calm my nerves. As you approach the AMG shelter that’s to be your home base for the next 3 days, you must first pass turns 11 and 12 – a sweeping set of high speed downhill turns that make you instantly aware of the rather daunting elevation changes of the track. Questions of whether I should really be entrusted to pilot the nearly $200,000 SLS AMG around such turns briefly pop into my head, but as I near AMG’s mobile home, any fears are dissipated, replaced by the sheer awe of seeing the fleet of AMG vehicles that will be at my disposal for the next three days. Parked neatly outside the AMG building is a stable of AMG models – the SLK55 AMG, the C63 AMG, the E63 AMG, the CLK63 AMG Black Series, the SL63 AMG and the SLS AMG – roughly eight of each. It’s a beautiful sight, and the reality of what I’m about to do has finally become palpable."

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: