Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

few problems on the benz

588 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  91300e 
#1 · (Edited)
ok whats going on guys i have been lookign all around trying to find the answers to the problems
first off i have a 91 300e
i bought the car knowing the blower and windsheild wipers didnt work...
after looking in the trunk the guy i bought it from i guess was trying to figure out the problem himself?
i found the old wiper motor and the arm and transmission all back there
and i just pulled the wiper off today to test a few wires and all and i have no power to anythign there in any settings

2nd
the blower motor

b4 anyone ask ye i have check the drive side wire the wire strip or whaever its called.. it has power on both sides.. looks like new wires? and the box looks like it was burt at one time? maye that fried and took out the regulator?

i have jumped the blower motor and it kicks on
ran a wire to the batter to make sure the motor was good....
i found in the trunk a few computer ac dashboards and all and a bunch or relays and what nots..

im not to good when in come to stuff like this on electrical stuff
how can i find the problem...
when i hit the button for a.c the commpressor kicks on but no blower..
i have power to the red wire on the regulator..

thanx for the help in advanced

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Welcome. Please take a moment to complete your profile, including your location and year/model. This will help other users avoid confusion when reading your future posts.

Your car is a model W124, like mine, and your questions are best asked in the W124 E,CE,D,TD Class Discussion Forum. You are not the first to have these problems and there is a wealth of information available by using the Benzworld.org Search tool.

The Model 124 Maintenance Manual Index, the complete factory service manual, is available free online, courtesy of one of the users here. It is very worthy of a bookmark. The online manual includes a section of "Misc How-To Articles by Various Authors" that can be very helpful also.

The factory service manual includes complete wiring diagrams in supplement 14. It can be difficult to navigate. However, an indexed version of SUPPLEMENT 14 - W124 WIRING DIAGRAMS is available. Since the problems you mention are electrical, this should be very helpful to you.

At some point you may find it helpful to be able to read codes. This previous post consolidates links to resources for code listings, schematics and accumulated wisdom, much of it from discussions on the Peach Parts forum. The fourth link in that posting leads you to the complete codes listings and connector schematics for MB model years 1988 to 1998. You will need to register on MBWorld, if you haven't already, for that download.

Good luck with your car. I have avoided electrical problems, fortunately, so I can offer no firsthand advice with what you ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.