Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Roadside Assistance

724 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kajtek1 
#1 ·
I realize that MB provides roadside assistance for the life of the car, but it doesn't cover towing. Since I live in the "boonies" (about 100 miles to the nearest MB repair shop), I'm considering getting a roadside assistance service such as AAA (AAA costs about $95/year for their "plus" service that offers towing up to 100 miles). Anyone else have an additional roadside assistance service to cover towing?, and do you think it is worthwhile?

#2 ·
Please check your car insurance policy, it may already cover towing. If not, it's probably available for a nominal increase in your premium.

Likewise, check all your credit card programs to see if they have towing benefits.

You may already have, or have available, towing benefits without having to pay more for AAA or other auto club memberships.

#4 ·
Yes, the premium level AAA does offer free towing up to 100 miles (I think the basic membership is much less than that), but how often do you anticipate having to use that service? Also, remember that if you're calling for a long tow under AAA, you may have to wait quite a while for the tow operator to schedule a truck for that distance.

#5 ·
It is a jungle out there.
I do have free towing from my insurance, but with the same $75 limit.
That limit is not going very far in CA, but my insurance also offers very good RS assistance, what I tested lately and in some instances they negotiate towing company to do the towing for the $75 even the normal charge would be higher.
I drove in Oregon where on 300 miles road was only one gas station and it appeared closed, so 100 miles might not be adequate cover in this state as well ;)
Than expecting 2007 Mercedes to break down in the middle of nowhere is going a bit overboard as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.