Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2000 ML430 - CEL and Radiator Light

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Michael Pillay 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 ML430. About a month ago, the radiator light on the dash came on. Since then, it will turn on and off sporadically, usually for 15 minute intervals. I notice that each time the light comes on, the AC stops blowing cool air. Additionally, the light seems to come on when the car has been driven for extended periods of time or when it is extremely hot outside (100 degrees +). Also, the engine temperature gauge completely drops to the bottom and the exterior temperature stops reading correctly.

The second problem is the CEL came on. I had it read and received the following codes: P0170 and P0173. I've read that these codes indicate a problem with the MAS. I pulled the MAS out and cleaned it out with some solution. Is there a way to clear the CEL codes without taking it to a dealer (ie disconnecting the battery)? Also, the car seems to rev a bit higher at times and feels a little sluggish.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
What solution did you use to clean the MAF? To clear the CEL, you can disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for a few minutes. You will have to enter the radio code once you reconnect the battery.

Are you low on coolant? My w163 does the same thing when it is really hot. There was a discussion on the w163 forum awhile back. If you do a search I bet you would find it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.