Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

DIY 2003 S500 Rear Brakes

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jsap 
#1 ·
Just got the parts in (disk's, pads, sensors) now I am ready to change the brakes myself with the help of a friend, was wondering if anyone has and shop manuals or PDF files they can send on instructions or step by step. I want to do it myself and do it right, just started getting into doing all my own repairs, i have saved a lot especially with buying my own parts and pricing out the different sites, I have 2 that i go to often, carpartswholesale.com and partsgeek.com both great just have to go back and fourth on each site and compare pricing, shipping, and return policy depending on what you are buying, i have good luck with both. total for OEM sensors pads and disks was about 150, thats with the zimmerman coated rear disk brakes.
Mike's Garage in Anaheim Ca was going to charge me $650 for rear brakes and rotors checked out a couple of other places too range was $450-$650, good thing i did some research and joined a couple of forum sites, thanks everyone for all your posts,

Much Appreciated

#3 ·
Changing brakes on Mercedes is easier than even Hond@s. These cars are engineered for easy maintenance, so you'll be pleasantly surprised!

DIY is the way to go. Not only will mechanics and stealers charge you 2-5 times the price for the parts, they'll also charge you the labor. For $650, you could probably replace your brakes 4 to 5 times.

With the money you save, you can buy special parts and throw them away as if they were disposables! But, I save them for next time, and also loan them out to friends.

Here's two of the best online parts stores I've found so far:

autohausaz.com
rmeuropean.com SUMMER2010 (3% off on any order) / LOYALCUSTOMER2010 (5% off on $150+ orders)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.