post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 1997 C280 (Cambria).
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mercedes Cambria

Hello. Im 21 and believe it or not, my 1997 C280 (Cambria) was the first car I actually purchased myself. Iv owned a 1991 Chyrsler New Yorker and a 1991 Lincoln Towncar previous to this. And I have to say, both of those car were decently reliable considering the amount of teenage torture I put them through (racing, n-bombs, lots of idle revving, driving through rivers is always fun).

Anyway, I had gone out car shopping on a nice Saturday last January and at a Kia dealership of all places I spotted the tail lights of what I knew for certain was a Mercedes. (You cant possibly miss those triangles from hundreds of miles). The car was sitting in the lot without a price on it, as it had just shown up about a day or 2 before I got there. Asked about it, cuz once I saw it I knew I had to have it. (despite my hatred for those 90s Mercedes tail lights).

Uploaded with

Paid roughly around $7k for it (after all the paper work and taxes, commision, insurence and what not) which I didnt think was too bad for a car that was nearly mint with 93k miles. The only problems the car had when I bought it was the center brake light didnt work, and some dumbass put some tiny dents into the trunk lid. Im thinking it was even possibly in a wreak at one point as the rear drivers quarter panel looks like it was replaced and the rear windscreen has def been replaced.

A year and a half later now with 110k miles, shes still running like new and even better since I seafoamed her, new sparks, new oil/air and oil filters/ and even did some polishing up on the engine not too long ago. This baby still has all its original power. 0-60 is pretty impressive at around 7.5 seconds (considering the tranny is pretty horrible in general) and she still gets up to 135~mph without a problem. The handling is great, rides like new still.

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

Uploaded with

I have however made some modifications to the car obviously. I replaced the C280 lettering on the trunk with "Cambria". Being as thats the cars new name. I am a Coheed and Cambria fan fyi. I also have the green Keywork taking up my whole back window. Other than that shes all stock. Oh, I also upgraded the power wire coming from the alternator. I used to have a sound system in it but took it out.

So that is, as far as I know, the one and only Mercedes C280 Cambria Edition
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 10:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1998 SLK230 199,xxx Miles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: