Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

190e owner with many problems (help)

525 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  silarrow 
#1 ·
hello i am Jeremy and i am new to this site ... i bought this 1986 190e with 89k miles it needed a new drive line the last owner didn't change the flex disks when needed . well i found all my parts ..put them on and drove the car around the block 3 times car ran perfect well the next morning i went outside to drive it to the car wash and no start .. OK this is what i have done .. at first it was fuel i took the fuel distributer off and cleaned it up a Lil bit .. then i started to get fuel hint i believe it may be too much now kinda flooded or at least when i pull the plugs out (they are soaked with gas) OK well ...cold start valve could be leaking ??? OK i checked the compression and my compression tester could be malfunctioning but it jumps to around 120 Dry test and right back down as fast as it goes up So my question is ???? would the cold start valve leaking cause this compression tester jump up and back down like this or is it like other gas engines will it still hold compression like it should ?? hints the cold start valve was brand new... but what would make this car go from a perfect run to not starting i have a good blue spark and tons of fuel ???

#3 ·
ok this is what i have done so far i got a better compression tester 140 on every cylinder pretty good i guess so now i am getting to much fuel and i an going today to buy some plugs to plug off the cold start valve .. i am wondering if anyone knows ??? if you unplug the cold start valve is it supposed to stop sending fuel i have tried that and it didnt do anything it is still flooding out i got a really good spark and tons of fuel ok this is something else when you turn the key over is the flapper under the air breather is it supposed to move up and down it is almost like i am getting a suction and push of air out of this thing i know my ford when you start it .. you get only suction ??? anyone know what this could be from ???
thanks for your time jeremy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.