C220 Coupe - how do I remove flast badge and fit stra badge to my 2006 coupe C220? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jul 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Red face C220 Coupe - how do I remove flast badge and fit stra badge to my 2006 coupe C220?

says it all - how do I remove flat badge and fit a star badge from a same year (2006) UK C180 to my coupe? Secondly, why did Mercedes not fit the star badge as standard to my model? Cheers Nige Moore

Last edited by baggienigel; 07-24-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: slipped up in spelling on title
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 03:50 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: May 2010
Vehicle: 2007 SL 550, 50th Anniversary Edition
Not sure about your specific badge, but a lot of them are held on with an adhesive. If it is, heat it with a hairdryer, then pry off with your fingers. It may also help to use a sawing motion underneath the badge with monofilament fishing line or dental floss. New badging usually comes with an adhesive backing for easy installation.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 10:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 1962 W111 220SE Coupe
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
If I remember rightly your car has a star in the center of the grille, making the stand up star redundant. This used to be common practice for MB, stars on hood for sedans and star in grille for coupes, tho that has changed in the last couple of years.

Your flat badge should simply unscrew from the bottom and a stand up star is the easiest modification you will ever do to a Benz, just twist the tab on the bottom 90-degrees and it locks, you can practice with it first before installing. The stand up star is cheap and readily available. Personally I'd switch the grille to an aftermarket one with slats only if you're adding the hood star but it's all up to your personal preference.

The Coupe Group (W111/112 coupes and cabs)official website
The Coupe Group on Facebook

"Too many people are working at jobs they hate, to buy things they don't particularly want, to impress people they don't even care about." --Dr. Deepak Chopra
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jul 2010
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up Re C220 hood/bonnet badge removal

Guys - thanks for your replies. Had a good look yesterday, my badge looks to be riveted in place by 2 rivets. Looked at my dads C240 with bonnet star, but my badge is much bigger than the base of his star, so don't know. Also the access hole on mine is much smaller as it seems to have a double skin.....

Also, forgot to mention my car is an unbadged 220 CDi Coupe AMG, even listed on DVLA as AMG. not sure if it was just wheels/skirt/body bits and grille, black mesh mouth and black mesh fog surrounds added at factory or if it really is an AMG model......I'm sure there are more expert opinions, but all I can say is, at 50, its my first Merc - and I love it! The most comfortable and pleasureable easy car to drive. I'm hooked, will never buy anything else. It's my Dad's fault for buying a C240 V6 last year, and he's 76!

Last edited by baggienigel; 07-26-2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: added model info
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: