New member, but not new to Benzworld - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jun 2010
Vehicle: 01 CLK430 (Sold), 85 500SEC, 84 500SEC, 95 740il, 81 380SL (Sold), 79 280CE (Sold), 72 230 (Sold)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New member, but not new to Benzworld

I have been using Benz World for several years to look for similar issues to those that I have encountered and needed help with. Decided to join up so that I can drill deeper on some issues.

Don't know if the cars that I have are "classic" but they are old and sometimes challenging to work on. I actually own 4.5 MBs. The newest is a 2001 CLK430, which is the unfortunate victim of being the center of attention of a low speed multi-car accident. It needs front and rear external parts, which seem to be hard to find on the used market and costly from MB. The right Xenon headlight being the "wurst".

Number 2 is my daily driver, a rescued Oriental Red 1984 500SEC that was headed to the crusher. I bought it for the engine, but it turned out to be a good driver. So it continues to serve me daily.

Number 3 is my former 1984 500SEC driver, was in the process of restoration with new Gun Metal Blue paint, that suffered a catastrophic failure of head gasket. Hence why I bought #2. It now resides under a cover in my driveway awaiting time for insertion of engine and trannie from...

Number 3.5 parts from yet another 1984 500SEC that got rear ended and eventually made the crusher after removal of just about everything.

Number 4 is a 1981 380SL that is being fixed up to be a tow car for my Number 4.5 380SL Shriner mini car. Just couldn't pass it up, it looked sooo abandoned under that pine tree, where it sat for 10 years. After a massive injection of rubber parts, new cat to pass smog, cleaning and removal of many pine needles, a little body work and now it needs a new rubber boot for the air box to finish it up.

...and NO, I'm not looking for any more projects at this time, just the rubber boot, which seems to be discontinued, the later one won't work and all of the junk ones that I have found so far have massive cracks in them.

Do I qualify as a member or just nuts.

Last edited by pcollins; 06-27-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: