My first Mercedes Benz and its a droptop.
I purchased the Car in Dec 2009 with 42K. I could use some help in a few areas.
1) The 17"AMG OEM Staggered Wheels are bent and the car shakes above 70mph. They need to be replaced. I though about refinishing them but the cost was over $1000 and a bit of a hassle. I am replacing wheels and tires with Bremmer Kraft 05 18 x 8 Front and 18 x 9 Rear with Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport from Tirerack.
Is this a good choice?
2)The car was hesitating quite a bit. I replaced the air filter with a K&N filter The problem still exist and getting worse.
When I accelerate, the car looses RPM's then all of a sudden the thing drops a gear and launches hard and other times it just wont accelerate at all.
3) When I purchased the car the check engine was on. The prior owner said it was the o2 sensors. Should I order the 02 sensores and install or bring to Dealer to get diagnotic? $149 for each Diagnostic.
4) I read where a soft reset might help. Does anyone know how to do a soft reset?
5) Some blogs mentioned replacing the the throttle position switch. Also replacing MAF sensor. Replacing fuel filter.
6) The prior owner had the Catalytic Converter replaced.
I have found some useful blogs at benzworld.org. I would be so appreciative
if I could get some feedback from members who have experienced the same systems
7) I will be purchasing lots of parts. Brakes Rotors filters etc. Can anyone suggest a reliable online site with OEM parts and good knowledge?
Eric 430 CLK Cabrio