LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mercedes Benz Diagnostic

Hi friends. As DIY who enjoy doing repairs and getting the special tools needed. I am very interested in getting the Mercedes Benz Diagnostic software. I am willing to buy the equipment to be used by myself to program and diagnose my MB model (S430-2001/229.170). I found out the ausinor.com site which offer this soft and hardware.

Have anybody purchase such a software from this site? Is the software reliable (same as the original DAS)? Is the site reliable?

Please reply. I hope I am not asking for something out of this forum purpose (help the DIY get information about repairs and maintenance of MB cars).

Thank you

Darrel
300SD-1979(sold)
350SD-1991(Traded-in)
S430-2001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Check out Carsoft 7.4 too, I see that they offer it. Several members have bought that and reported it works well.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!

Last edited by Musikmann; 05-21-2010 at 10:26 AM.
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 11:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillman View Post
Hi friends. As DIY who enjoy doing repairs and getting the special tools needed. I am very interested in getting the Mercedes Benz Diagnostic software. I am willing to buy the equipment to be used by myself to program and diagnose my MB model (S430-2001/229.170). I found out the ausinor.com site which offer this soft and hardware.

Have anybody purchase such a software from this site? Is the software reliable (same as the original DAS)? Is the site reliable?

Please reply. I hope I am not asking for something out of this forum purpose (help the DIY get information about repairs and maintenance of MB cars).

Thank you

Darrel
300SD-1979(sold)
350SD-1991(Traded-in)
S430-2001
Their Star C3 looks OK but it is impossible to say what it actually is without seeing the multiplexer from inside.
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 12:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann View Post
Check out Carsoft 7.4 too, I see that they offer it. Several members have bought that and reported it works well.
I also read few reports that they don't work at all.
From my memory you have to have certain computer model for it to work.
Aren't the legal Star computers running into big thousands $$$ plus high updates fees?
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Thank you for your reply

Thank you Musikmann. Where can I get this system. I saw some at e-Bay but not sure if everything hardware and software is included. If you can give me more information I'll really appreciate your help. Can I program the new central locking system vacuum pump that I replaced. Thank you.
Darrel
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Thank you Kajtek1

I am sorry I missed your comment in my reply. So, the question would be, is it better to get the car to a shop and have all the programming and Dx done there, or, are there some DIY around that have found good personal use for this software? I am planning to repair the front struts (Airmatic) in my next intervention, and those should be deflated with the DAS before removing the top valve. I was expecting a software and hardware maybe not commercial grade (not for a dealer or shop) that the DIY could use. I plan to stay with this car as long as I could. Please reply. Thank you.
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
I also read few reports that they don't work at all.
From my memory you have to have certain computer model for it to work.
Aren't the legal Star computers running into big thousands $$$ plus high updates fees?
Now that you mentioned it I remember that too. IIRC certain laptops will not interface properly. Sure enough, Star system is into the 10s of thousands.

post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillman View Post
Thank you Musikmann. Where can I get this system. I saw some at e-Bay but not sure if everything hardware and software is included. If you can give me more information I'll really appreciate your help. Can I program the new central locking system vacuum pump that I replaced. Thank you. Darrel
I saw it on that same site you told us about. I think I checked the Mercedes section. I really don't know anything about what they do or don't do, sorry.

post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 04:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6l
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Good news is that we have forums for the models with airmatic -bad one is that they are not as active as W210 where me and MM frequent.
Try to gain more info on the airmatic. I used to own W211 and found several tips how to deal with SBC brakes without the computer. Hopefully you will find them for your issues.
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 01:43 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2010
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when you replace the airmatic pomp, you don't have to tell the car you did and it will work instandly.
When you press the buttom to rise the vehicle. the dash has to tell you the car is rising
Now you know the pump must operate.
When you replace the pump you have to replace the relay to.
make sure you have tension on the pump
On the top of the airsuspention fetherbean/ strut (how do I call this???) you have a thin air line that can come lose or leak also tou have to check if the cover from the strut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in