post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 02:26 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by circusbenz View Post
when you replace the airmatic pomp, you don't have to tell the car you did and it will work instandly.
When you press the buttom to rise the vehicle. the dash has to tell you the car is rising
Now you know the pump must operate.
When you replace the pump you have to replace the relay to.
make sure you have tension on the pump
On the top of the airsuspention fetherbean/ strut (how do I call this???) you have a thin air line that can come lose or leak also tou have to check if the cover from the strut
I thought the issue was not about changing the pump but releasing pressure from the struts when replacing struts. There are tweaks for this too but everything goes much more smoothly with SDS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 04:36 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank you all

Thank you all. When I was talking about the pump, I was referring to the PSE vacuum pump which I replaced recently with a used one. The W220 service manual states that the new pump have to be programmed with the Star Diagnosis. The replacement is working but suddenly it starts to sound like a pulse or heart beat. The previous one burnt. I don't want this to happen again.

Searching on eBay, I saw the CS3 software, more expensive but apparently behaves as the DAS. I have to start by getting a PC Laptop, because my laptop is a Mac which I can use Windows XP with Parallels software.

Anyway it has been a great experience the sharing of information. I certainly will keep in touch so that anyone in need of this information (as me) can benefit from it.

Thank you,

Darrel
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 05:57 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
^Star Diagnostics works best with the IBM T41 computer. And the pnumatic pump does not need programming, either the replacement pump was weak or there is a vacuum leak on the system.

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Interesting answer Eric

I resad on the W220.170 Service Manual that I bought from Mercedes Benz of North America, that once this pump is replaced it should be coded or programmed. I asked about this in another forum(this was about 3 mos. ago) and I was told that the programing is needed only for the lumbar adjustment of the front seats. The pump works ok other than sometimes after a ride, the close assist immediately after turning off the engine does not work, in any of the 4 doors and the trunk. After a few minutes it will work ok. There is a sound when you get into the car like a pulsation (heart beat) for several munutes, coming form the area of the pump (behind the drivers side of the back seat).

As a matter of fact, when I bought the car at the dealer (W220,170/S430-2001) I never got the 3 head support in the back seat to get up. I read that if a person is seated with the seatbelt on, the head rest should come up when activated by the switch in the dash board. Maybe I do have a leak in this system. When I press the button, if they are up, they get realeased and fall down (the back seat head support).

Any experience with this? I know I should go to the W220 for this question, but I'll give it a try.

Thank you Eric for your response.
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Outstanding Contributor

"I read that if a person is seated with the seatbelt on, the head rest should come up when activated by the switch in the dash board"

Do not let this throw you out, even if no people are in the back seat, press and hold the switch and the headrests should rise slowly. But on quick flick on the switch and they should drop.

ERIC.

post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Thank you Ronaldo

Thank you for the information, when you said our interface, you are talking on behave of Mercedes Benz original soft and hardware or another version? I used once my OBD2 code reader in this car S430-2001 USA to find A MAP malfunction. I wonder if the vacuum leak in the back seat head restraint can be identified with the MB Star Diagnosis.

I am looking with good eyes the MB Star C3 software from China with all the cables and the multiplexer.

Thank you for the information.

About the head restraint, it takes a lot of steps to get to the actuators to check for the possible leak. Have anyone worked in this area that can give a brief of how to fix this?

Thank you all.

Darrel
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 08:17 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2010
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by circusbenz View Post
when you replace the airmatic pomp, you don't have to tell the car you did and it will work instandly.
When you press the buttom to rise the vehicle. the dash has to tell you the car is rising
Now you know the pump must operate.
When you replace the pump you have to replace the relay to.
make sure you have tension on the pump
On the top of the airsuspention fetherbean/ strut (how do I call this???) you have a thin air line that can come lose or leak also tou have to check if the cover from the strut
Hello to all friends here in the forum.

Dear Eric, really after test infinite times, does not work without the multiplexer.
What you've indicated, if I buy a multiplexer and cables, of which sell on the Internet (made in China), an example is the Model - C3 Star. I have all the functions of the authorized dealer (Dealer of Mercedes Benz)?

If possible, could someone tell me?

Thank you.

After days of testing, I actually buy, but would like someone from the site, or you tells me to correct the multiplexer, so I do not have problems.

Software ( Das / Epc / Wis / ASRA ) - I have - ok.

****** My english is Google Translate **** Sorry errors and "ortografy"

Hugs.

Brazil 3 - Chile 0 =

World Cup.
Brazil!

Hugs to all.
(Happy for rout of Brazil in Chile ...)

Fraternal hugs.

Last edited by napz; 06-28-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Add information
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Outstanding Contributor

^Thanks for the PM, can you give me an internet link to the multiplexer your are hoping to buy? And the multiplexer I use is MB and D4.

ERIC.

Last edited by eric242340; 06-29-2010 at 04:26 AM.
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 11:39 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jun 2010
Mercedes Source sells a vacuum leak diagnois guide that takes you through how to trace down the leaks. Worked for me. Cost I think was less than $20 but you will need a vacuum pump that will cost you a few more bucks. Could you recommend a DTC reader for ML 430 1999 with BAS/ESP and ETS lights on dash. I'm a DIYer, and would like to buy an affordable code reader for around $250. Is that doable.
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 09:01 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
^Thanks for the PM, can you give me an internet link to the multiplexer your are hoping to buy? And the multiplexer I use is MB and D4.
Dear Eric.

Dear Eric,

This is the link of what I intend to buy. What do you recommend?
Link: anyscancn--star 2008,mb c3 star,bmw opps ops bmw gt1,key programmer,car repair software,lanuch x431 universal tool,actia mutil digi access

You said that usao MB and D4, which is the MB and D4?

I look, I'll buy what you recommend me.

Hugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in