|05-16-2010, 09:31 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Date registered: Oct 2009
3.2L MERCEDES BENZ AS USED ON SSANGYONG MUSSO 1996
I have just posted on Ssanyong musso site, troubles I have had over last eight months. As descibed the engine is the same as E320.
Bad idling and stalling was the problem, and a lot of money spent trying to correct this. This is a list that was done ,Remanufactured Throttle body, Computer and MAF sent away for testing proved OK, New oxygen sensor, new Air temp sensor, new plugs, new coil packs, Injectors removed and cleaned, compression test very good. after all this over this period and the fault remained, all other things like vacuum leaks and other sensors including wiring was ruled out.
A plastic cover over the front of the engine was removed to expose the Magnetic cam shaft actuator and the connector removed, the engine was started and much to my surprise the bad idling had disappeared, the RPM are a little higher about 1000 RPM but under the circumstances I can live with that. I shall leave the connector off for the time being until that can be identified, I hope this may help other with similair problems.
|07-24-2010, 02:45 AM||#2 (permalink)|
Date registered: Jul 2010
Air Flow Meter
I just fixed a similar problem with my 97 musso. Replacing the Air Flow meter fixed it. Interestingly just unplugging the air flow meter also fixed the problem, but this would not give optimum performance. For those that don't know, the air flow meter is a short piece of intake tube just after the air filter box. It is a bosch unit and you have to twist the plastic locking ring before you can unplug the cable that attaches to it.
My solution came from here:
ssangyong musso mercedes 3.2 motor dies on take ... - JustAnswer
- Main symptom that caused me to look for fix was that the engine started to intermittently loose power and sometimes stall
- When stopping at traffic lights it would Idle very low, or it would surge and hunt wildly and uncontrollably between 500 to 2000 RPM. It was like the ignition cut out and then came on again, or like someone was reving the accelerator
- Sometimes it would idle ok and then it was like the ignition suddenly cut out and then came back on. Sometimes it would stall, but if it didn't then it would hunt as per above.
- When the engine was cold it was OK - I think because it automatically runs rich when cold - like choke. But after 5 mins or less of driving, issue would occur.
- Idle was not rough, except when it cut out
- when issue happened at lights, sometimes idle would go very low despite foot on accelerator and would have to push to wide open throttle. After 10 seconds or so it would go.
- A symptom that may be a precursor to full blown failure like the above is that it would stutter on takeoff. IE when you are stopped and go for the accelerator, it would die a bit then take off.
I hope this helps someone solve their issue.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Do Ssangyong parts fit mercedes?||trauha||General Mercedes-Benz||3||11-19-2012 02:04 AM|
|Ssangyong Musso Help||ticobenz||W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class||1||08-22-2009 11:18 AM|
|F/S: 1996 Mercedes Benz S600||oldschoolMB||For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway||2||11-11-2008 10:24 PM|
|Musso service by Mercedes?||Jojo_||General Mercedes-Benz||0||01-19-2008 10:06 AM|
|The Mercedes-SsangYong MUSSO TD||musso||W163 M-Class||18||08-29-2003 11:39 AM|