post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2010
Vehicle: All w123 Diesels, '94 Mercedes S500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
'82 300 Turbo Diesel

My name is Dylan and I recently purchased a '82 Mercedes 300TD. I have put many new parts on this car with the help of a neighbor. One of my biggest concerns is longevity, and how to maintain it. My car has like 250,000 and runs and looks exceptionally great. Seats are perfect all the way around. The interior trim around the doors is like the worst thing about this car, except for the cassette player that wont tune in the radio and an Arab cassette that seems to be lodged in. The rubber and cloth used in the door trim is just now starting to fall apart. Seems like an expensive fix though. I was also thinking of putting Hydropneumatic shocks in the back but the price is way out of my reach. The car shifts hard naturally, and I have had extensive work done on the drive train like center bearing and mount, rear pinion seal, and final drive seal. The u joints are fine but it makes a clunk like it needs new ones. Floor Boards are starting to rust out. You can tell because the floor under the carpet is not level, it has rises in it. I am completely pleased with this car and hope to have a VEG OIL CONVERSION done soon, but again, the money is the issue. Thanks for reading, please feel free to send any messages you wish.

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: