post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: May 2010
Vehicle: Mercedes C220 CDi Avantgarde Saloon Auto
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
B180 CDi Idle speed help needed pls

Hi can someone offer some advice please. I have a C220 Cdi 2006 model (auto) and at stationary speed when in "d" auto mode the car stands perfect in traffic with little if any engine noise with the revs at about 700rpm.

I have bought the wife a B180Cdi Auto (2006) model and it seems very different. Whe stationary at light for example the revs stand at about 1000rpm and the egine is louder than mine at idle speeds as if the engine is wanting to pull away. It seems louder and the way I can only describe it as if the engine is being srangled to stop by use of the foot brake.

Is this quite normal a difference between the two models or does the B class seem to be running al little rich, the revs have no flucuation and hold at about 100rpm. Even when I bring the car to a stop it sounds similar to what a manual would do if the clutch was not pressed down (sort of ghudder noise). The car runs perfect otherwise, taken it 200+ miles plus on the motorway and very smooth.

Does anyone know what the idle speed should be on a B180 CDi Auto 2006 model and is the above quite normal?

Many thanks
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: