post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: May 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Newbie Needing Advice

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the forum, although I browse and read all the time. I've done extensive research on the GLK4MATIC. I've made up my mind and just ordered a 2011 GLK4MATIC, which aren't due to be released until the first week of June.

Although, I went in to get the 2010 thinking i would be saving money on the last of them, no one in the u.s., had leather interior. All GLK classes that we located had stock MBTEX (which i can't stand). However, because what i wanted would have to be ordered anyway, (Leather, Premium 1, Multimedia, Keyless Go) i just did, even though, they didn't have a price listed as of yet.

I'm figuring that the base price isn't going to differ that much from the 2010. I can't see it going up 5k at base price. After all of the research I've done, i went in with my "folder", having taken the test drive already and well prepared to negotiate. After a pleasant conversation, the salesperson agreed to sell the car at invoice + $300 (that's pretty good not even 1%). So, I think i did ok, at invoice it will prob be be $43,000 give or take.

He wanted to deal MSRP down, but I insisted on dealer invoice upward. MSRP is already marked up 20-25%.

Now, I asking about these fees: (most of which are erroneous) I'm trying to get the best deal possible...
• ADM or ADP – willing to Negotiate
• Holdback – Ok, we’ve discussed this one the salesperson says it non=negotiable but that is "double dipping" because they get this back from factory
• Floor plan Fee – Negotiate
• Port Prep Fee (Port Installed Options) Ok
• Advertising Fee - OK (Sales Promo Fund, DAA, ADA etc.)
• Environmental Protection - Fake fee
• Dealer Prep – they need to removed because its covered by carmaker and paid by factory should be dropped or credited on the next line for the same amount
• Etching Fee – how much?
• Dealer Floor Plan Assistance – Remove - the factory pays as part of Holdback but shouldn’t apply since the car hasn’t sat on the lot
• Doc Fee (Tax, title, registration, state fees) $250 – OK
• Destination Fee - OK

Am I doing ok? I am open to all feedback pos and neg...
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: 99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
Why exactly are they trying to make you pay a floor plan fee on a car that they will not be holding on the floor? This is a factory order. It is already sold to you. Remove this fee.

Etching is VIN etching, which is one of the biggest rip offs in the industry. Say NO NO NO.... not even for $1. Its a complete waste of money.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 08:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 2004 W220 (S430) ; 2001 R129 (SL500) Sport
I'd pay the shipping and doc fees and give him his $300. Everything else is a rip off or is an attempt to get you to pay his costs of doing business on top of buying a car from him.

If you aren't prepared to walk if he pushes back, you might as well write the check for whatever he asks. He'll smell your desire to have the car from a mile away.

Good luck.

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."--John Steinbeck
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: