post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Apr 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Edison_AMG fan joining the club + Issues questions on C55

Hey guys
My name is Edison, from Connecticut. Die hard fan of AMG, my first AMG car was c32 which I recently sold. Just got my C55 AMG 2006 with 56k miles on it.
Bought this car in auction, and got it yesterday from Texas, noticed a couple of things as soon as i got the car!
1) Check engine light was on as soon as it was unloaded from the truck.
The car idled rough and reved on its own randomly, and also it would stall when whent from drive to park or when the reves went low!
After driving to my house turned it own couple times left it running for a bit, the car started stabilizing drove the car to gas station filled with supper unleaded 93 gas drove it home the car did not stall and felt better and more stable. Check engine light disappeared before i left the house to ho to the gas station and has not come up since! I feel the car still idles a little harder then i think it should i can see the door vibrating a little when is open when the car is in park at idle.
I have researched this issue and i m still not sure if i have a major issue i know the gas used prior to me filling it could have been bad, or mayby a sensor still unsure! I am planning to bring it to mercedes and see what they say i m hoping whatever it is can be replaced under the 80k emission warranty, if you guys can shed some light on this it will be appriciated!
2) lifted the car up and saw oil leak (not too bad) under the trany i was wandering if that something major to worry about! I am planning to do a tranny flush as sugested in a couple of threads here so please let me know if there is anything that i should ask for at mercedes or any heads up on the price or possible upcoming issue.
I have one week to return the car, and i love the car i just want to see if thilese issues are fixable and if any of these could still be covered by the 80k emission warranty or possible recall! Please help guys ...
Thank you, and sorry for the long discription and pardon my misspellings!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 09:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: C55 AMG
Welcome Edison! Well I would haul down to my tech and get it figured out immediately! The Emission warranty will probably not help you at all unless there is an O2 sensor or cat issue. Get it dealt with asap in case you need to return it. There are a lot of gorgeous C55s to be had...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
(Thread Starter)
Thank you for your quick reply, scheduled appointment for a 32 point inspection for monday morning at mercedes dealer!
Any Idea on if both of my issues are common at all and fixable!?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 07:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1998 SLK230 199,xxx Miles
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
(Thread Starter)
Hey guys, just wanyed to let ypu know that i got my car back from mb dealer. Found out that the previous owner had installed Knn filters oiled up way too much causing thea oil to demage the MAF. They replaced sensor and aor filters and cleaned, they said i shouldnt be having the issue of stalling and check engine again. Recomended i drive my car a little hard for a 10 min so to try to flush out any leftover oil coat, and should soon see a smoother idling and better gas milage! The leak sid not come from trany but from back of engine they said is not even a leak cause is way too small so not too worry! The inspection came back very positive woth no other issues! Tanks for your input.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: