LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Apr 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy C220 CDI cuts out under acceleration

I have a C220 CDi 2003 that cuts out if you accelerate a little more than normal. It dies completely and EPC error comes up on the dash. Car will start straight away and will drive fine normally. Even using the cruise control stalk to accelerate will sometimes cause it to happen. If car is driven with a light foot it go on and will speed up excess of 100 mph. There is a puff of black smoke when it happens. This fault was worse at it would happen exactly at 40mph. Had the injectors out and checked with good pattern on all. They were put back in with new seals. Pump in tank taken out and cleaned. Car got a good service and this brought us to this point. I have had the high pressure pump off and swapped with a pump from from a manual C220. Car drove great for a while and same happened - died under pressure, I think because engine was cold. Gets worse as the engine gets warmer. I think myself air is getting somewhere. Any ideas, help or suggestions would be great. Car is in Ireland. Thanks, Michael.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: