LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Apr 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fuel Injector Problems - Blue Efficiency

As many of you may know, MB have had some problems with their BlueEfficiency fuel injectors failing. Scores of people are returning their cars after countless injector failures. Many are having difficulty with customer service and others are returning their cars under the sale of goods act. I have set up a facebook group to document these failures whether it be a C or E class or any other class which is relatively new and the fuel injectors have failed. This group could be useful if enough members joined who have had these problems:

Mercedes Benz Fuel Injector Problems | Facebook
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 10:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Your message could be interpreted as if this Delphi injector issue would concern all MB Blue Efficiency models which isn't the case. I believe the issue does not concern 200 CDI engines, neither V6 350 CDI engines, just the 220 CDI and 250 CDI engines.

I wonder what sort of help are owners seeking from other owners in this case because MB seems to be taking care of these owners a lot better than S-class owners. Another car is given if (initially when) it takes some time to get new injectors to fix the car, another year of warranty when European cars typically have two years plus some monetary advantages.

It is a bit of a hassle but not that there appears to be a solution, I almost envy those car owners and not going for the 250 CDI instead of the 350 CDI.

Anyway I hope your facebook group turns out to be useful for car owners. Welcome to the forum, I wish you would stay longer than just to advertise this external site.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2010, 04:16 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: 02 BMW 530i MSport... 92 BMW 320i Showcar
Faulty injectors may cause more problems...

In some cases when the injectors fail it may cause other components to fail. We have had CDI ECU's, Alternators and Glow plug output module fault due to the glow plugs.
If the Engine Light comes on after the injectors are replaced then start checking these components
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 09:00 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Dec 2014
ML350 issues

Has anyone heard of issues with fuel injectors in ML350? We have had to take our 2012 ML350 to the dealer 3 times due to check engine light on. Dealer diagnosed it as injectors misfiring. They did couple of different software resets & it came back after couple of months each time.

Injector misfires, but when they test it, it appears to be functioning fine.

Also the dealer tried to blame it on bad diesel. Well, we get ours from Shell & Chevron. Never had any issues with their gas before. Not sure why diesel would be different.

Has anyone heard of this issue in M-Class? I saw several posts/articles about C & E class having this issue, but not in the M-Class.

Than you.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 08:12 AM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Jan 2016
Kolkata, India Dealer just did the same trick with my 15 months old C 220 CDI. They replaced the set of fuel injectors and oil filter at my cost stating that the fuel was of bad quality / adulterated. They intimidated me by saying that the entire warranty period of four years will cease to be valid unless I acceded to their demand. What was most shocking and unnerving was their reply when I had asked them how could they conclude the fuel was adulterated the reply was " by smelling ". They had emptied the tank in my absence. Agony did not end there. I found that MB Dealer was charging 10 times more for the oil filter and 2.5 times for the fuel injectors than the price in Germany.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: