LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jan 2010
Vehicle: 2000 CLK430 (W208)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Has anyone lowered their car? Please help!

I have a 2000 clk430 - 208. Everything is stock, except for the larger wheels I just got. They're 19x8.5 in the front, and 19x9.5 in the rear. I put them on, and as expected, it's sitting pretty high. I want to lower it now, but admit I don't know much about it. Has anyone lowered their car on similar size wheels? From reading different posts, I get the impression that buying H&R or Eibach springs to bring it down 1.2-1.4", along with sport shocks, would work ok. My other questions are that people say to get a camber kit at the same time to avoid uneven tire wear. I've also read that you can use a camber kit in the rear only, and just camber bolts in the front. Has anyone done this, and are the bolts something aftermarket, or from the dealer? Do I need to go anywhere special to have all that installed, or will most mechanics know how to set it all up? And last, I read on here about changing the spring pads. Is that something I should do too? ...is it difficult for me to do, or should it be done when the other changes are made?
-To anyone who read all of that, I really appreciate it, along with any help on the subject. Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 01:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 1991 R129 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Hello juliusseizure,

I hope that the staggered wheels that you've installed, are W208 specific, with regards to offset, as I run the same sizes on my SL fitted with specific offet AMG rims. I also have the H&R + bilsteins + #1 spring pads, and I plan to install, in the future. camber correstion front and rear kits. I am not versed with your front suspension setup, but you may check the W208 subforum here, with regards to just the use of bolts for your front camber correstion. I plan to use the "RDM" brand of camber correction kits, if interested, you may just google it, as I have to look for where I saved the link. You also should have your fender lips rolled, you can search for data on the MB WIS, specific to your W208, under "fitting of AMG wheels", it has the diagrams and instructions.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Chicky; 04-09-2010 at 01:57 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jan 2010
Vehicle: 2000 CLK430 (W208)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
thank you

Thank you so much. I will look into those items, and check the W208 section here. I really appreciate the time and help.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: