Hello from the Outer Banks of NC, New member and new (classic) MB diesel owner here - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2010
Vehicle: 1983 300D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post Hello from the Outer Banks of NC, New member and new (classic) MB diesel owner here

Times have been tight here in the Outer Banks in the construction field (which is my living) and work and money have been at an all time low. An acquaintance donated to me a 1983 300D he had, and he wasn't driving or using (it had sat in his yard for about a year, only being cranked up and idled for a few hours every week or so---on high sulphur farm diesel he told me).

I have been an amateur mechanic, you know, backyard/driveway type for as long as I could drive a car, but most of my experience is with American pickup truck and Jeep type stuff, and a considerable amount of classic VW buses and beetles.

My good friend and I had been study and practicing with WVO collecting and filtering and such, and testing with his trusty Ford 350, so the Mercedes is a perfect match for my need for a personal ride and experimentation machine. Said good friend decided to buy one almost the same (77 240--same color too!) just last week.

So, I am enjoying getting to know this machine, and learning about the subtleties of its mechanics. This site, and the Internet in general has already been a goldmine of info that I needed (and couldn't have done without). So I figured I might as well sign up.

To all of those of you made and maintain this site, and those who have contributed knowledge and experience, THANK YOU very much, I have learned a lot already, and as Yoda sorta said, "Much to learn, I still have"

I will do my best to help contribute back to the bank, so to speak, as I learn and gain more experience.

Larry Brown

Last edited by mellokind; 04-02-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: grammar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 09:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1998 SLK230 199,xxx Miles
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 11:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: C55 AMG
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in