Potential New Member - Urgent Advise Appreciated! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Mar 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Potential New Member - Urgent Advise Appreciated!

Hi Everyone,
Northern Ireland based, almost about to buy first Mercedes. Its a July 2006 C Class 320 CDI with 7 speed auto / tip gearbox, avantgarde se, full leather, sports pack fitted, only 25000 warranted miles, 2 services carried out, absolute immaculate condition inside and out, almost new tyres, 1 local owner, price around or just over £12k. Great car to drive and look at. The one owener has totally wrapped it in cotten wool, wont let wife drive it, cleans it all the time, wont take it out in rain, snow, near the coast with salty air etc!
Questions and worries:

Fair bit of cash for me and wont have a warranty with the car, what are the potential risks of things going wrong with this car and the cost if they do please?

Service and parts costs, really high?

Gearbox, Would be my first automatic, how good / reliable / sporty is this 7 speed unit?

Comfort, had a BMW "Sport" for a while and gave me some back paid on and off, the seats in the Merc seem much better and comfortable as well as sporty looking, are they long term?

Ipod / Bluetooth - Is there anything that will link easilly to the audio system to connect ipod instead of having to put a parrot lit or something in please?

Any other comments, suggestions much appreciated please.

And if you can be as unbiased as possible (maybe not the right place for that i know!)

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 04:10 AM
Outstanding Contributor
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
"Gearbox, Would be my first automatic, how good / reliable / sporty is this 7 speed unit?"

OK, do not want to put you off the car as they are nice cars but the 722.9 transmission has problems and without a warranty I would be worried or at least try to buy a warranty first off.

If you do a search on this forum with the 722.9 transmission you will read all the problems.

"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:42 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1998 SLK230 199,xxx Miles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: