intermitant window switch on 1998 c230 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
z_diver's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 1990 Mercedes 300e
Location: Laguna Niguel Ca
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
intermitant window switch on 1998 c230

My driver's side front window switch isn't working correctly. It lowers the window fine but without a very light press of the button it doesn't want to roll the window up usually. Through a brief search online I've seen that the c230 uses a console that sells for $498 and up. Is that right? Is there no way to just replace a $10 window switch anymore?

I'd hate to do it but if it's going to cost $498 to fix a faulty window switch, I will be selling this car and I won't be looking at another MB for a very long time.

Thanks,
Chuck
z_diver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
z_diver's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 1990 Mercedes 300e
Location: Laguna Niguel Ca
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I didn't see the W202 forum until after this was posted. Can a moderator move this over?
z_diver is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 11:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,352
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_diver View Post
My driver's side front window switch isn't working correctly. It lowers the window fine but without a very light press of the button it doesn't want to roll the window up usually. Through a brief search online I've seen that the c230 uses a console that sells for $498 and up. Is that right? Is there no way to just replace a $10 window switch anymore?

I'd hate to do it but if it's going to cost $498 to fix a faulty window switch, I will be selling this car and I won't be looking at another MB for a very long time.

Thanks,
Chuck
Does a 1998 car have "one touch" window operation? It could just be that your window has to be normalised to allow a short full press of the button to run the window all the way up?
Diesel Benz is online now  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
z_diver's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 1990 Mercedes 300e
Location: Laguna Niguel Ca
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Window Normalizing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
Does a 1998 car have "one touch" window operation? It could just be that your window has to be normalised to allow a short full press of the button to run the window all the way up?
Yes it does! Wow, that would be nice! I'll do a search for "window normalizing" on the w202 class and write back if I can't find it.
z_diver is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
z_diver's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 1990 Mercedes 300e
Location: Laguna Niguel Ca
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Window synchronizing or resynchronizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_diver View Post
Yes it does! Wow, that would be nice! I'll do a search for "window normalizing" on the w202 class and write back if I can't find it.
I think that did it. I had forgotten about that feature/issue. I had used that technique(2-3 second hold after window rolls up then the same after down) before when the window wouldn't stay closed all the way but I didn't recognize this as the same issue. Great. I think we're good now.

Thank you!
z_diver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
1979 450sl intermitant window jhague2 Test 1 05-10-2009 12:36 AM
1997 C230 Window/Mirror Switch mpelchen W202 C-Class 6 03-09-2009 01:13 PM
Window switch or Top switch??? UGOTBENZ? R129 SL-Class 2 06-29-2008 04:26 PM
1998 C230 benzo23 For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway 0 02-23-2007 04:26 PM
E320 Sedan 1998 Seat Switch Horst Kraft W210 E-Class 0 12-18-2006 08:12 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome