LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 11:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2004
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetglower View Post
personally i think you are just whining and crying because you dont want to pay for the repairs. i think thats all it ever amounts too when people sue MB.
Ya, he's sniveling just because the car's a piece of crap, no excuse for it. What would you expect - a car that wasn't a piece of crap?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 01:05 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Honestly its not just a question of who pays. When a manufacturer prefers to issue detailed bulletins about failures of every kind secretly to its dealers and years later you suffer from the very same failures something is seriously wrong . The wheel speed sensor faults for which i have uploaded videos and shared them are there for a very specific reason.
This is the new failure of the day. This one is going to sky rocket in frequency and it would be a disgrace to self respecting people everywhere if they are allowed to pretend once again that they have not heard of this defect . This one can kill
In my CLS 350 at the same time the gear indication disappears while the car gets locked in which ever gear it happens to be in . In the other car (S350) as you can see from the videos the entire transmission and ESP malfunctions . But when the cars were taken to the dealership for a simple star diagnosis print out , they altered the response level of the control unit disabling the limp home mode,etc. and now as you can seethe moment error codes 0722 and 2797 are not current , the car deletes all warning signs . All this just to avoid facing the fact that as Deanyel rightly said , the cars are just pieces of crap.
Is this the behavior of a civilized corporation?

Last edited by LoonyS350; 10-26-2010 at 01:11 AM.
post #83 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 08:22 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2007
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have same problem with 2007 320 CDI with 85,000 miles. The problem started at 75,000 miles. The Pick up from 0 to 50 miles will be very slow. After 50 miles there is not appreciable difference at higher speed.
This will occurs every two to three week, this may coincide with filling diesel.(The diesel cap is closed properly every time). The engine check light will show up on the dash board.

I have been working around this problem from last 10,000 miles by manually shifting gears 1,2,3,& 4 at 3000 rpm at each gear i.e shift gear as soon as it reach 3000 RPM. You can do it once or twice, shut off car and check engine light will go away. This cycle continues every three to four weeks.

Can technocrat explain why it work?
post #84 of 87 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 03:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonyS350 View Post
Honestly its not just a question of who pays. When a manufacturer prefers to issue detailed bulletins about failures of every kind secretly to its dealers and years later you suffer from the very same failures something is seriously wrong . The wheel speed sensor faults for which i have uploaded videos and shared them are there for a very specific reason.
bulletins are not made to be helpful to the public, bulletins are made to help in the diagnosis of a vehicle for the dealer. the manufacture sees a spike in the replacement of a certain part or sees an issue that alot of dealers may have a hard time in diagnosing and when they investigate and find an answer a bulletin is made. it helps me as a tech when i am diagnosing an issue. now every manufacture has thousands of bulletins, just cause its a bulletin doesnt mean you should have it repaired for free. again i think it comes down to a money issue. so you have a failure and it requires a $1500 part, oh because theres a bulletin you feel you shouldnt have to pay, if that same repair was $30 just for say, i bet you would have no problem saying yea its only $30 go ahead and fix it. if the speed sensors could be replaced seperately for less then $100 i bet the amount of people complaining would be a whole lot less. its a money thing, i dont care what anyone says.
post #85 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 06:34 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2009
Vehicle: 2009 Audi S5 4.2L 2006 Mercedes CLS 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetglower View Post
personally i think you are just whining and crying because you dont want to pay for the repairs . ...snip....yea i too have the occasional jerky trans and what not but thats not gonna stop me from driving it.
Well the thing is; people do not expect a jerky transmission problem in a S350 which costs close to $90,000.

My 12 years old Saturn never had transmission problem.

My Toyota had a buttery smooth transmission.

My Chevy Malibu had a smoth transmission plus and handled better for the 8 years I had it.

My Chrysler's transmission dos not jerk, and this transmission was originally designed in 1999 or so

Now I expect that my $75k luxury vehicle should atleast be as reliable as a 12 years old Saturn. Is this too much to expect ?

You might be enjoying your jerky transmission but I am too embarrassed to let one of my friend drive my jerky luxury vehicle.
post #86 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 05:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: w204 (C350ELE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindrop View Post
Well the thing is; people do not expect a jerky transmission problem in a S350 which costs close to $90,000.
My 12 years old Saturn never had transmission problem.
My Toyota had a buttery smooth transmission.
My Chevy Malibu had a smoth transmission plus and handled better for the 8 years I had it.
My Chrysler's transmission dos not jerk, and this transmission was originally designed in 1999 or so
Now I expect that my $75k luxury vehicle should atleast be as reliable as a 12 years old Saturn. Is this too much to expect ?
You might be enjoying your jerky transmission but I am too embarrassed to let one of my friend drive my jerky luxury vehicle.
Raindrop,
I understand where you're coming from. The problem here is not only the failure of performance expectancy, but the club in the wheel factor that exacerbated, if not created the transmission problems.
1) Whose fault was not to replace filter and gasket, plus pan and magnet cleanup, when flushing the unit, I don't know.
2) How well and complete the ATF replacement was made, I don't know.
3) Whereas the transmission developed signs that thorough professional service and correct Star Tek diagnosis would have shown earlier, or at servicing, I don't know.
What I do know is that these mystery failures appeared shortly after transmission service at an MB dealer or approved shop. There might be some shared negligence: on the one hand to save service/repair money; on the other, the abuse of mercenary service technicians, clerks and owners of the 21st century. You are right, you should not expect what you're getting, but is par for the course (examples galore the world over).

Your only choices, become proficient to dictate and check what you get done; or silence of the lambs and pay, since it's only money. But, not to loose face you are left only with choice number one, or you need somebody able to advise you whom you'd trust blindly.

Cheers, JV

A car would show appreciation for preventive maintenance by never leaving his owner stranded.

Defensive Driving is never having to say you're sorry: a true love story between man and machine.
post #87 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 10:47 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonyS350 View Post
Dear all

After six months of denial from MB about every failure from internal speed sensors to wheel speed sensors etc. and the possibly lethal effect they can have we have finaly nailed active faults in virtually every safety related hardware in our S350.

We served MB with legal notices for appalling failures in the transmissions and ESP hardware of our CLS350(july07) and our S350(july06) when they claimed that we could not “demonstrate” the faults for their engineer.

Fortunately Mercs being Mercs it was not long before we were able to diagnose the whole extensive failure.

Shockingly like the transmission sensors that have been failing for years the ESP sensors and wheel speed sensors also carry defects and this is well known to our friends at MB. Only problem is that they have circulated this information to their dealers on the sly and they are carrying out replacements without any acceptance of blame. Our cars were reported with these multiple faults at 2.5 and 3.5 years of age but customers are facing these problems on brand new cars and each case as we have painfully found out is different and needs different approaches.

Videos are uploaded to
YouTube - MercsgoneBerserks's Channel
and we would appreciate any feedback and stories of similar failures. As you will see in the videos the wheels merrily show ridiculous data which is then allowed to flow through the system wrecking havoc on the ESP and transmission. It took us ages to catch the faults live while connected to the scanner. We would advise all Merc owners to unconditionally demand a recall of all critical sensors and the installation of safety barriers to prevent these failed data signals from interfearing with the motion of the vehicle and its braking and ESP functions. At present all Mercs are potential coffins on wheels.
I know this is old but, LoonyS350 is right, I expect more from MB, they are trying to hide the problem by limiting who can service it, and it's a safety issue, My car just stop on the street after coming off the highway and left me stranded there, what if I was in a ghetto? (just come back from there)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in