BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 2005 C240 4Matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question About Seat Belt Warning and Airbag

Hello Again,

The seat belt warning noise for the passenger sear drives me crazy. If I put something as light as a gallon on milk on the seat, get the annoying, never-ending beeping reminder to fasten that belt. I just cannot believe how obnoxious it is. It speeds up like a ticking clock waiting to explode, then stops for a while and starts over again. It stops and starts again, but it is plain old annoying no matter how you look at it.

Well, the first thought that crossed my mind, of course, was to simply remove the wire harness that is connected to the weight measurement device (thought I do not know if the harness has other things and I would have to cut just one wire in order to salvage the functionality of the other wires and their attachments.

But, before I do so, I want to know if that is tied into the airbag control. When I have no passenger, the "Passenger Air Bag Off" light is illuminated. I would imagine this is all based on weight, so they are probably both the same harness and disconnecting it would also mean when people do get in the passenger seat, they will not have an airbag activated. Is this the case?

If that is the case, there is no chance of me unplugging the harness. But, if it is tied into the air bag, i there a way to stop the noise (other than actually reaching over and fastening the belt)? I know some of you die hard Mercedes buffs can help me out.

As always, thanks so much for the collective help that you all bring to the table. Though MB may not like that you take their business from them in the repair shop, there i a special place in heaven for you for hlping poor people like me! Thanks again.

Last edited by smith1; 03-01-2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: grammar
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
The harness is definitely connected to the SRS control unit. You would get a permanent warning if you disconnected the wire.

You can get rid of the warning tone if you buckle your milk can. You would have some options via Star but I would not consider those.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 2005 C240 4Matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
That is what I figured. I think I will learn to ignore that noise or just not put anything on that seat. I'm sure there is a trick, but if it involved Mercedes, it is probably expensive or very hard to DIY. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: