LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 2005 C240 4Matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
C240 2005 Brake Lamp Warning- Not Bulb, so what is it?

I have a 2005 240 4Matic that I just love. It has been so good to me, which I guess most Mercedes are. Today, I got a warning message on the dash indicating "Right Brake Lamp." Well, I figured it was no big deal and a simple bulb switch out would do the trick. So, I went a bought new bulbs and installed it on the right side. I did look at the filament of the old one and it looked intact. However, I know you cannot always tell. Anyway, I put the new lamp in and I am still getting the same message and that right brake list it not illuminating. It seems to happen sporadically because later in the day, the message disappeared and that particular lamp would illuminate.

What would cause this? How can I fix it? I imagine it is something relatively simple (hopefully), but I know if I take it to a MB dealer, I will get charged an arm and a leg no matter how simple it is. So, has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have a solution for the problem?

Any insight or help you can provide would be very much appreciated. I do not have a whole lot of money to throw around, let alone time to go to the dealer and such, so I am hopeful that this is an easy fix. I look forward to some replies with some hints or answers.

Thanks in advance, Gang!
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: