post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2010
Vehicle: 2005 C240 4matic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Williamstown, SOUTH Jersey

New to this discussion forum - and looking forward to my first post!

I am about to purchase a friends 2005 C240 4matic. It is a low mileage garage queen and he is one of the old school - must buy a new car every 4-5 years whether I/we need it or not!

So, his pristine and perfect 18,000 mile example of 2005's entry level C ( or so I suppose and I determine this by its microscopic / tiny motor !) will soon become mine for a fair price!

It will be bumping a 2001 Acura CL onto Craigs List. That car is nearing 100K and due to a known and well documented weak link tranny ( replaced once under warranty ) I will not be holding onto her.

The primary driver is my wife.

I drive a company car or my own 1996 Impala SS (converted by BBHP B-Body High Performance Inc. - 6 speed your Impala SS! to a six speed T56 tansmission) . . .or my ZZR1200 (motorcycle).

The Acura was a hoot. Best shifting slushbox "I" ever encountered . . .too bad it has longevity issues!

The 4 door C will be appreciated since my daughter has turned out to be a breeder and we are up to 3 grandkids which too frequently find themselves in our care.

GUMBY couldn't get the 1 and 3 year old buckled in the back of that CL! Talk and back pain!

Soooo . . .

soon I will be educated in the M-B way of doing things.

Do not know what to expect . . .have a few immediate needs . . .extra set of rims ( I run dedicated SUMMER and WINTER rubber on all my cars ) and I also LOVE the Viper remote start paging alarm (remember I LIVE in New Jersey) and wonder what whacky anti-theft issue will have to be overcome wiring that bad boy in . . .

anyhow -

I rambled long enough.

Hope to be searching threads and contributing (as well as TAKING ) knowledge from this fourm

Bear with me . . .

Tony Pace
Williamstown, SOUTH Jersey
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 10:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1998 SLK230 199,xxx Miles
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: C55 AMG
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: