LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Feb 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Central Locking Fuse keeps blowing

Hi, I have an 02 Sl500 and the central locking fuse is blowing nearly everyday at the moment. I've read posts about the fuse going due to the pump getting wet, but I've checked and my boot is bone dry as is the area where the pumps are located.

Currently this seems to be what happens. I put a new fuse in, test everything, all works fine, boot, doors etc. Lock and Unlock. Open close boot/trunk fine. Get in, drive 20 miles to work, get out, can't open boot, fuse is blown. This has happened two days in a row now. It blew a fuse once last winter, and then about 2 weeks ago this winter which I assumed was due to frost in the seals of the boot or something that was causing excessive strain on the pump. But two fuses in two days and it wasn't even freezing this morning makes me concerned. Wondering if there is any adjustments on the boot or anything? Quite funny as I ran out of 20 amp fuses this morning and put a 15 in and it didn't blow that, it's working fine at the moment. Will have to see how long this one lasts I guess. Going to take it to my local mechanic who deals exclusively with MB and has all the computers for MB - but if anyone has any experience with this or can offer any insite I'd appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 12:41 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 2003 CLK430A Cabriolet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is it possible you are not putting the right rated fuse in?
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: