Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Need Certified Body shop in Houston, TX

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kinghawg98 
#1 ·
Anyone had body work done in Houston?

I searched and the latest threads are pretty old.

97 E420 that had drivers side doors blasted (insane insurance agent thinks its 3k in damage, i think it totaled)

Help would be MUCH appreciated!!!!!

Thanks,

Greg

#2 · (Edited)
I have seen a list somewhere about the "MB Certified" collision centers and they are all in large metro areas. I'd suspect there is one in Houston. If none of the local dealers has a shop maybe they can recommend one.

The rule of thumb here is if the body damage equals, or exceeds, 80% of the car's value it is totalled. The gray area is what car value does the insurance company use? If you look at some of the companies "blue books" they do vary, but not by all that much.

#3 ·
Repair Shop

I used Pro-Tech Collision in Bay Area Blvd in Webster at the recommendation of my SA at Alex Rodriguez. They did an excellent job on my black SL55. They are MB certified, or at least they have a sign on the wall that says they are.
He also recommended a shop near the Heights, but their name escapes me.

#4 ·
Intercontinental

On Spring-Cypress near Kuykendahl has a good rep. (Haven't had to use them myself).

They do all MB Houston North's work.

Kevin

#5 ·
Excellent! Thanks guys.

I had found Metropolitan Collision in the Heights and Intercontinental Body shop on Spring cypress. Glad to see both coming up as names here!

I don't know if my car will be fixed, but if it is fixed, its going to the best shop I can find!

I'm thinking I'll give Metropolitan Body shop a whirl.

#7 ·
Well, I took it to Metropolitan Collision and they were very professional. I can't speak to their repairing abilities, but I do have faith they'd do well considering their front end staff. The car was totaled today, so...I think we're going to find another Benz to replace our now "dead" car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.