Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Driver Door Won't Close

32K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ntounix 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 Clk 320, and I am having constant problems with my driver door not wanting to close. After slamming it shut numerous times it will eventually lock and stay closed. But this is only after I try to slam it shut about 10 times will it eventually grab and stay closed. I have taken it to the Mercedes dealership twice and I am still having this problem. Any Help is appreciated.
Thanks!

#3 ·
Just for clarification.. when you say the door does not stay closed, what happens when you try to close it, and use the remote to lock it?

Do the door and side windows do the little jiggle, as normal? Has this door ever been involved in a repair/accident?

I can see no adjustment on the door catch, but the door itself has a specification for clearance from the bodywork. eg. 3.5 mm (-0.5 + 1.0mm) from the front and rear fenders. It could be a worn catch, I suppose. How does it look compared with the passenger side?

#7 ·
Any competent body shop, and I do mean competent, not just some guys with a spray booth and a shop, should be able to adjust this for you. There are no signs of corrosion around the catch or hinge are there?

#9 ·
*bump*
I have this same issue with my 2004 E500. The car has keyless go. Driving 60 MPH on the interstate the passenger door pops open. All the doors unlock and the door will not close again. If I manage to get the door closed at any moment the door could pop open again unlocking all 4 doors. The dealer has told me this is $751 to repair by putting in a new door latch. I have a real problem with a door latch just 'going' bad on a $68,000 car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.