BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Feb 2010
Vehicle: 1991 190E 2.3
Location: Nashville, TN
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help re 1991 190E 2.3
I am new to this forum and new to owning the above MB. I have purchased it to give to my 16yr old. However, considering the car's age, there are few things I need to ask and hope to get answers....
If anyone can help, I would be grateful!
1. the visor mirror's lights aren't working. How may I remove the bulb, fuse or could it be a wiring issue?
2. THe speedometer fluctuates when driving. From the needle sitting solidly at "0" to jumping up and down
3. THe background light (if one is applicable) that should light the back of the gear shift box, (P,R,D,etc) isn't lit. In this model, does it light? AGain, is it a bulb, fuse, wiring? If it is the bulb, how may I remove and replace?
4. Can anyone help explain the fuse box in the RHS of engine compartment a bit more? I cannot seem to totally remove the cover. It unlatches, but the stupid BLUE cover cannot be fully removed to gain full access to fuses.
Specifically, how may I know if the ceramic fuses NEED replacing because of losing their strength, etc? On some the vertical metal strip is thicker and on some thinner
Is there a way or is it recommended to clean the connections?
5. In front of the main or bigger fuse box, there is another fuse box with "boxy" type fuses. And some of the spots are empty. The owner's manual cleverly doesn't mention any of this.
Should those be replaced to new ones as well?
6. In this model, is there another fuse box elsewhere?
That should keep me busy for a while if someone is cool to reply.