Please don't concern yourself with a so-called 'copyright' issue on my posts here with WIS images... It has been already discussed with the mods, and we are happy with the current situation.
With respect to installing your WIS on an XP machine, that's what I have done. Admittedly it was a hassle, and took me most of a morning to get it right. Did you configure the 'loopback adaptor'? Maybe you didn't have to, if you are already a network. I have no idea what this 'loopback adaptor' does either.
Anyway, what my instructions made me do, immediately after shutting down screensaver & before inserting my WIS disk 1 and starting the installation.
1. Go to Control Panel and open Add Hardware.
2. At the Wizard, click next.
3. next question - Yes I have, click next.
4. next question - Add a new hardware device. Click next.
5. next question - Install the H/W that... click next.
6. select N/W adaptors. click next.
7. select m/s loopback adaptor. click next.
You get message ' loopback adaptor installed'