2003-2006 ML350 Wiring Diagram - Mercedes-Benz Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: ML350 04', ML 320 00', G-460 86'
Location: Norway
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to nilstores
(Thread Starter)
2003-2006 ML350 Wiring Diagram

Can someone share the wiring diagram if one is available.
nilstores is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 02 ML320 06 ML500
Location: Bronx, New York
Posts: 14,039
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 825 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
The wiring diagram for what? You must be specific.
43sqd is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: ML350 04', ML 320 00', G-460 86'
Location: Norway
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to nilstores
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43sqd View Post
The wiring diagram for what? You must be specific.
The electrical wiring diagram, mainly between ecu - engine sensors - autotransmission brain box - gear lever - immobilizer unit - body unit.
nilstores is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 12:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,323
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilstores View Post
The electrical wiring diagram, mainly between ecu - engine sensors - autotransmission brain box - gear lever - immobilizer unit - body unit.
I doubt anyone is willing to print all that info to you. You have to be more specific like 43sqd mentioned. Or buy a service DVD and you can have all the info you need.
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: ML350 04', ML 320 00', G-460 86'
Location: Norway
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to nilstores
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
I doubt anyone is willing to print all that info to you. You have to be more specific like 43sqd mentioned. Or buy a service DVD and you can have all the info you need.
Where can I buy/download a service dvd?
nilstores is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 01:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,323
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilstores View Post
Where can I buy/download a service dvd?
Where are you from (would be useful to add the location to your profile)? US owners can buy one cheap from MBUSA.
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
keyhole's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2004 CLK 240 Coupe
Location: Norfolk. UK
Posts: 10,465
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilstores View Post
Can someone share the wiring diagram if one is available.
These cars do not have 'wiring' as such. Modules exchange data via CAN bus A, B & C. Sensors connect to the appropriate module.
keyhole is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: ML350 04', ML 320 00', G-460 86'
Location: Norway
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to nilstores
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyhole View Post
These cars do not have 'wiring' as such. Modules exchange data via CAN bus A, B & C. Sensors connect to the appropriate module.
I'm fully aware of this, but CAN bus is also dependent of wires The thing is that I try to get a M112 engine running in my car project. And I need to know the pinout for the brain boxes as I'm removing them from a wrecked car. I'm trying to use as few black boxes, sensors,lamps and actuators as possible. Anyway I've got a wiring schema for a slk 320, and I guess it will work for know.
I'll be happy if anyone who has expirence of doing this, or has some knowledge about this will answere me. So the question is what is the absolute minimum of electrical components you need to get a engine+autotrans from a ml350 2004 up running?
nilstores is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 09:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 212.025 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,323
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilstores View Post
I'm fully aware of this, but CAN bus is also dependent of wires The thing is that I try to get a M112 engine running in my car project. And I need to know the pinout for the brain boxes as I'm removing them from a wrecked car. I'm trying to use as few black boxes, sensors,lamps and actuators as possible. Anyway I've got a wiring schema for a slk 320, and I guess it will work for know.
I'll be happy if anyone who has expirence of doing this, or has some knowledge about this will answere me. So the question is what is the absolute minimum of electrical components you need to get a engine+autotrans from a ml350 2004 up running?
Interesting project. You would definitely need your own copy of WIS or on-line access to WIS, you cannot rely on data from a forum. Too many details that you have to look after.

Perhaps you will be able to answer your question later on, remember to come back when you are ready.

If you want the engine and the transmission to work, including the gear stick etc. I think the question would be more like "which control units are not needed". You should be safe to leave all entertainment units out, even cluster and ESP/ABS etc. but in addition to the EIS, the engine ECU, the TCU and the lower control panel control unit (car dependent), front SAM but others may be needed too.
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: ML350 04', ML 320 00', G-460 86'
Location: Norway
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to nilstores
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz View Post
Interesting project. You would definitely need your own copy of WIS or on-line access to WIS, you cannot rely on data from a forum. Too many details that you have to look after.

Perhaps you will be able to answer your question later on, remember to come back when you are ready.

If you want the engine and the transmission to work, including the gear stick etc. I think the question would be more like "which control units are not needed". You should be safe to leave all entertainment units out, even cluster and ESP/ABS etc. but in addition to the EIS, the engine ECU, the TCU and the lower control panel control unit (car dependent), front SAM but others may be needed too.
Sure, when I get engine running, I'll share the information with the forum. One approach is to move everything to the new car and then remove module after module, but it is a couple of km of wire in there
nilstores is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    2003 CLK320 Wiring diagram--4 remote start lawrencecar1 C208/A208 CLK-Class 3 03-13-2009 03:16 AM
    wiring diagram 03 ML350 Fuel system basharv W163 M-Class 8 02-09-2009 08:37 AM
    Wiring diagram 413CDI Sprinter 2003 mikejeffery W901-905 Sprinter 1 10-21-2004 10:05 PM
    Wiring Diagram (or at least a radio wiring diagram) for ML320 yawstring W163 M-Class 3 07-02-2003 06:12 PM
    2003 ML350 Bi-Xenon Upgrade and Wiring Diagrams tobyp W163 M-Class 18 01-25-2003 01:01 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome