You can put out as many lit cigarettes in gasoline as you want, nothing will happen.
Yeah...you could spend your whole life doing that.
spend /spɛnd/ â€“verb (used with object)
1. to pay out, disburse, or expend; dispose of (money, wealth, resources, etc.): resisting the temptation to spend one's money.
2. to employ (labor, thought, words, time, etc.), as on some object or in some proceeding: Don't spend much time on it.
3. to pass (time) in a particular manner, place, etc.: We spent a few days in Baltimore.
4. to use up, consume, or exhaust: The storm had spent its fury.
5. to give (one's blood, life, etc.) for some cause.