Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Wheel size for 2010 C350

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  c350lipstik 
#1 ·
Just got my 2010 Capri Blue C350. Owned a C230 a few years ago but sacraficed it for a vehicle to advertise my business. Now that busines is booming I reap the benefits of my earlier sacrafice.

Anyway, I wanted some input from fellow owners on what size wheels my car can accomodate. I have read some on line and it seems that 18" is a definite. How about 19's? I have also read that putting larger wheels may affect handeling and wear.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Remedy01

#4 ·
The largest optional wheel is the largest wheel the engineers who designed the suspension recommend without compromising ride comfort. If you want to pimp it up, I'm sure you'll find 20s or 22s will fit somehow.

I'm glad your earlier sacrifice has now allowed you to buy a baby Benz. Congratulations. Having spent the $40k or so for a great car, it's confusing that you want to mess with it. It's rare that more than a gentle nudge on the original styling improves the looks of a Benz. Anything more and you get a car that looks like the pic Kajtek1 posted.

#6 ·
Pimp'n is not what I'm going for. I chose the C350 over the Audi A5 for the kids leg room. I love the ride and luxury of the Benz more than the A5's but loved the beefy/sporty look of the latter. Thought that maybe the bigger wheels would "beef" it up a little.

Besides for the money I could only get the A5 in the 4cy turbo not the 6. I drove the 4cly and it is exactly that. A 4cyl. Whined like a civic. I am glad I went with the Benz but would like it to be a little sportier.

#7 · (Edited)
Per how it looks I would estimate that SL65 to have 20" if not bigger wheels, so I disagree about the looks of bigger wheels, but less rubber on bigger wheels cuts down the ride comfort drastically.
I drove on autobahn and I drove on lot of roads in this country. The only US roads comparable to autobahn finish are in Washington DC area.
Simply test -take a plastic cup of water and put in on your dashboard. If you can drive at 70 mph for few miles without spilling the water, you have road comparable to autobahn.
Here in Bay Area I have to buckle up to avoid being ejected via the sunroof from my car.
On the edit, saw your last reply -it takes more than low profile wheels to track like rollercoster. Our Audi quatro has bigger tire profile than OEM on Mercedes, yet track way better than E on AMG lower profile tires. I guess you will not get rollercoster effect from luxury sedan no matter the wheels.

#8 ·
One can get anything on a luxury car dealership, except the true ingredients of a ghetto cruiser: fox tail to hung from the retroview mirror, fur coat and fur hat, plus the stable favorites on duty.

Why, Why a luxury car without a luxury ride???

#10 ·
Hey Remedy01,

You can use 19's with no problems, you even could put 20's but the profile on the tires would be soo low, that you would hate the ride of the car. Usually the bigger you go the harder the ride gets, also the car gets stiffer on the road since the tires create less roll on the sidewalls.

Let me know if you need more help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.