post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: 05' C230 K, W203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New

Hello all, I'm William J. Rogers Jr. I live in the motor city! Well the suburbs not Detroit but about 40 min away. I've had 3 vehicles since turning 16. My first was an 07' Jeep Grand Cherokee the second was a 08' Jeep Commander Overland 4x4. Loved the Commander so much but I felt like driving a car. So what cars did I look at. Many BMW's CPO's both 3 and 5 series, a few E550's and some CLK's. Test drove both a C55 and "my future car (at the time)" back in Sept 09'. It was an 03' CLK 55 AMG. She was beautiful. Living in Michigan I felt the 55's would be bad in the winter. So I decided to go the economical way, an 05' C230K she was cheap (20,000 and tax etc) with only 26,000 miles. Being 18 insurance was also a factor, and by far the C is the cheapest. Also being in financial planning I felt any car other then the C or 3 series would be acceptable until I start making bank haha. In the spring I will be upgrading the ECU, putting in a new cold air intake, exhaust, adding a DTM body kit, along with AMG wheels. I hope to get about 240bhp. I also plan on purchasing a 190e from the late 60's, along with a CPO M class. You can pick those up for like 28k which is a steal. So I'll have a winter and summer benz. I'm excited for my first Mercedes, and hopefully I will meet good people on these fourms, who can also help me with problems, of course I'll return the favor. I am also going to join the Mercedes Club of America, and my 2 year goal is a used CLK63 Black series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 08:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1998 SLK230 199,xxx Miles
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in