BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 1999 clk320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to CLK KID
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation im 17 and jus got a clk and i need a lil help please

i got a couple of questions about the car its a 1999 clk 320 with 19 inch rims it does very weird things sometimes, like only sometimes the inside windshield will fog up over night, and the rear windshield is almost always fogged up :/ also the car used to flash the headlights when ever i locked it so i changed the batteries on the remote and that stopped but for some odd reason it did it once again last night and one more thing sometimes it randomly stutters when i start it up like it will shake when idling but i think i just need new spark plugs. but any help is greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
forgot somthing

o yea and i forgot to metion the windshield wiper fluid thing does not work also it not a big deal but i was wondering if its a common thing for this car or is it common for the age of the car thanks again

1999 Mercedes Benz clk 320- with 19's

2005 Polaris predator 500 (troy lee edition)-full white brothers exhaust
Ruff Ryders!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 07:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: toys: 92 400e,92 300CE & 93 400SEL with daily driver:12 Civic, Workhorse: 15 F150 & Porsche 944
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to oefvetw124lover Send a message via Yahoo to oefvetw124lover
first thing you have to do is find out the chassis number, i think its w202 or or w208 wikipedia is a great mb chassis resource. " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W208" then search the forum for a thread for people who had that problem before. trust me, you are not the first one to have problems with your benz. this site is a HUGE resource. good luck!

Carl

Veteran
Albany, NY, USA

92 300ce and others
"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night
because rough men stand ready
to do violence on their behalf."

Si vis pacem, para bellum
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 08:27 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: SL 500 AMG, Porsche Panorama turbo, Bentely GT, Escalade, Ferrari F360 Spider
check your fuse, if they are good Check the wiring on the windshield washer motor if your getting power. If you have power on in the wiring, then your motor needs to be replaced.

Authorized Lorinser Dealer

www.shopsat.com

Specialty Automotive Treatments
700 W Sunrise Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33311
(954) 728-1234
Cristina@satreatments.com
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
I CHECKED THE FUSES THEY ARE ALL GOOD AND THANKS ILL LOOK INTO A NEWmotor and ill chec that wiki pedia thing thanks!

Ruff Ryders!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2004 CLK 240 Coupe
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLK KID View Post
i got a couple of questions about the car its a 1999 clk 320 with 19 inch rims it does very weird things sometimes, like only sometimes the inside windshield will fog up over night, and the rear windshield is almost always fogged up :/
Are you keeping your car in a garage at night? If not, in NY in winter, you are bound to get condensation inside the front & rear windscreen glass overnight. Anyway, that's what the 'demist' function is there for. You just have to allow more time in winter before you can move off for the windows to clear. Also if you leave wet stuff in the car overnight (snow from your shoes!) this will end up on the windows as condensation.

Quote:
also the car used to flash the headlights when ever i locked it so i changed the batteries on the remote and that stopped but for some odd reason it did it once again last night.
I don't know about your W208 CLK but when locking my W209, it flashes all the indicators, and when unlocking, it flashes the all indicators, and if it is dark, puts the foglights and rear lights on as well until the driver's door is opened.

So your unlocking sequence might depend on the available light to decide what to do.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

(Thread Starter)
Red face sorry

sorry i dident explain the flashing light problem i ment when ever i used to lock the car the blinkers would flash three times then the fog lights and the headlights would flash non stop, the only way to stop em was leaving the car unlocked or driving it around for awhile then try locking it again, so i went out and changed the batteries in my remote and it fixed this problem all together and i was wondering if any body else had that problem i know its very odd

and i do not keep the car in a garage at night, but now that i think of it it could have been the melted snow off my boots and it kept the inside of the car moist and made it fog up the windshield, now as for the rear window that always fogs up (even in the fall when it wasn't that cold) i still have no clue as to why that happens

Ruff Ryders!

Last edited by CLK KID; 12-28-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in