Which Model is right for me? First Car Ever - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 04:28 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: SL 500 AMG, Porsche Panorama turbo, Bentely GT, Escalade, Ferrari F360 Spider
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I'm not sayong its going to be 500. That will depend all on his driving record

Authorized Lorinser Dealer

www.shopsat.com

Specialty Automotive Treatments
700 W Sunrise Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33311
(954) 728-1234
Cristina@satreatments.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 04:35 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 2000 CLK 320 Cabrio
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I get ya. Still, insurance cost is a valid point. You are right to bring it up. Years ago I used to sell car insurance. I saw more than a few people lease cars at a young age, be told they had to carry 100/300 BI and thought nothing of it until they got a quote. Ouch.

I carry really good coverage. If you have to be hit by someone it should be me. My comp/collision really cost nothing. It's the BI, uninsured, high property damage, etc that I carry.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 07:02 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: SL 500 AMG, Porsche Panorama turbo, Bentely GT, Escalade, Ferrari F360 Spider
I think he woul be happy in a c class benz or if he wants a 2 door then a CLK would be perfect.

Authorized Lorinser Dealer

www.shopsat.com

Specialty Automotive Treatments
700 W Sunrise Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33311
(954) 728-1234
Cristina@satreatments.com
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 08:00 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2009
Vehicle: 1991 300 SEL, 2003 Ford F150 King Ranch, Bikes - 2000 BMW R 1100 RT, 2004 BMW R 1200 C Montauk
I'm sorry, but I think you have your priorities all wrong. You live in an apartment and want to buy a $45K car? when real estate is at an all time low! Put $35K down on a nice little house, town house or condo (with a garage) and buy the best car you can for $10K. That may or may not be a Benz. You will always be able to buy a car, but chances are you will never have this kind of opportunity to get into real estate. Of course this assumes that your business will continue to generate cash and you will be able to make a monthly mortgage payment. If you don't think your business will continue to generate cash, then I think you are still looking for a $10K car and put the rest away to carry you for a year or two. There are a ton of one owner, older MBs on ebay with less than 50K miles for under 10 grand.

It sounds like you are a smart young business man, surely you must realize real estate is a much better investment.

MNMB
1991 300 SEL
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 08:23 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Mar 2007
i'm not sure about how much it gonna cost your on insurance for being at college, but i will 100% checking with the insurance cost first, for being young driver, and a high performance car, the cost for insurance can be sky rocket in uk.

So before you looks into get the car, first double check whats the insurance cost of the car before make your decision with model. ^.^

atm, i still cannot drive the slk due to high insurance cost e.g 2000 to 3000GBP per year for 27 years old with 8 years driving experience! *ouch*
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 08:56 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2008
Vehicle: 1997 C280; brilliant silver originally, now has gold tint, black leather seats, AMG accent
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPGroton View Post
1) Weather or not you pay cash probably won't help that much with the price because most dealers make money off the financing.
2) When you go into the dealer, you have to play hard ball with them. If they want 45K for the car, and you are willing to pay 43K for it. Offer them 40K. Low ball them and see what happens. Worse case, you meet them half way, which is what you were willing to spend anyway.
3) What does your roommate drive? If it is worth less then 45K, then tell him to park on the street. I, personally, would not feel comfortable parking my used S60R on the street and it was only 14K.
4) The E350 is a very nice car. The only other thing I would consider would be the C-Class, but that may be to small for you.
I have a 1997 C-280 and like it a lot. Often we have to drive over to Spokane to pick up friends at the airport. He is 6'5" and 220#, his friend is about the same size. There is no problem fitting 4 of us in this "Baby" Benz and cruising at 85 coming back with luggage while getting 18 mpg at the same time.!

This is for a 20 year old Benz with 120K miles that burns no oil, leaks or rattles and nas a new JVC iPod radio. People comment, "Is that a new car?" Why pay upward of $40K when you can have a darned good Benz for ~$10K and spend the rest on a ski boat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in