Benz Watch - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Ghoti's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: 2004 E320 Estate; 2000 CLK 430 Cabrio; 1985 300SD
Location: Oregon
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Benz Watch

I have searched and have seen nothing about this. If I have searched erroneously or inadequately, I will gladly delete this.

I was given a MB watch with my car and was wondering what it was. I can't find any pics of it online at all and really don't feel like uploading pics (yet).

On the back, it reads "limited Edition 0620-2005" with a MB logo and red stripe. On the face of the watch, there is a MB logo at 12 o'clock and no numbers. The second "hand" is a steering wheel. The hour hand is a piston and connecting rod. The minute hand is a spark plug. Brown leather strap. Came in flat velvet "case".

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!
Ghoti is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 07:56 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Kajtek1's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6.7l
Location: Vegas MAN, Vegas
Posts: 32,532
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1289 Post(s)
Well.... I could tell you a lot about Mercedes golf clubs, but who is wearing wrist watches those days?
Kajtek1 is online now  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Ghoti's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: 2004 E320 Estate; 2000 CLK 430 Cabrio; 1985 300SD
Location: Oregon
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Yeah, you're right. I don't wear them myself. But this is a nice watch and I might wear it when I have to drive the wifey's Expedition.
Ghoti is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 02:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Kajtek1's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: W211 E320 Bluetec R129 SL500 - $1300 car ........ Ford F350 6.7l
Location: Vegas MAN, Vegas
Posts: 32,532
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1289 Post(s)
Should that be an equivalent of the common bumper sticker here?
"My other car is Porsche"
Kajtek1 is online now  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Ghoti's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: 2004 E320 Estate; 2000 CLK 430 Cabrio; 1985 300SD
Location: Oregon
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
Should that be an equivalent of the common bumper sticker here?
"My other car is Porsche"
EXACTLY!!!
Ghoti is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 06:39 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
tuttebenne's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,667
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
Well.... I could tell you a lot about Mercedes golf clubs, but who is wearing wrist watches those days?
Still do because my cellphone is getting its time from the service provider, not an internal clock. When I'm out of cell coverage the time is frozen at the last time the phone had contact with the cell tower.

'89 300E
'93 400E
'93 500E
'00 E320
'73 Alfa GTV
'77 308GTB
tuttebenne is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
Location: Europe
Posts: 10,342
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttebenne View Post
Still do because my cellphone is getting its time from the service provider, not an internal clock. When I'm out of cell coverage the time is frozen at the last time the phone had contact with the cell tower.
Which phone is that? All my phones get time and time zone info from the network (NITZ feature) but still run on the internal clock if the phone looses coverage or even if it is turned off (they actually have a backup battery for the clock that keeps time running if battery is flat or removed).
Diesel Benz is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 07:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
bandit96's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
Location: northern ohio
Posts: 7,560
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoti View Post
I have searched and have seen nothing about this. If I have searched erroneously or inadequately, I will gladly delete this.

I was given a MB watch with my car and was wondering what it was. I can't find any pics of it online at all and really don't feel like uploading pics (yet).

On the back, it reads "limited Edition 0620-2005" with a MB logo and red stripe. On the face of the watch, there is a MB logo at 12 o'clock and no numbers. The second "hand" is a steering wheel. The hour hand is a piston and connecting rod. The minute hand is a spark plug. Brown leather strap. Came in flat velvet "case".

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!
I saw this yesterday and looked into it a bit. Found a MB watch online, $12,900!!! I don't think its the same, though. Says it's a "Franck Mueller" limited edition. I also found a couple of TAGs and others ranging in price from $200 to $2000. Was there a manufacturers logo on it anywhere?
There were a couple that were really sharp. If my Rolex ever bites the dust, I may have to look into one of those.

"If you don't know what you're looking for it's kind of hard to find it!"

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
bandit96 is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Ghoti's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2009
Vehicle: 2004 E320 Estate; 2000 CLK 430 Cabrio; 1985 300SD
Location: Oregon
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit96 View Post
I saw this yesterday and looked into it a bit. Found a MB watch online, $12,900!!! I don't think its the same, though. Says it's a "Franck Mueller" limited edition. I also found a couple of TAGs and others ranging in price from $200 to $2000. Was there a manufacturers logo on it anywhere?
There were a couple that were really sharp. If my Rolex ever bites the dust, I may have to look into one of those.
Thanks for your effort. I guess if you're going to put that much effort into it, I'd better post pics, eh?

I don't see any brand names or logos on it except for MB.

Do these help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nickstreo2158.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	276641   Click image for larger version

Name:	nickstreo2157.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	276642  
Ghoti is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 05:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
bandit96's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
Location: northern ohio
Posts: 7,560
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Found it!
The problem was I was looking for something older.
The MB classic center is selling one. $35.99.
Mercedes-Benz Classic Men's Watch - eBay (item 270493694618 end time Dec-07-09 13:23:05 PST)

"If you don't know what you're looking for it's kind of hard to find it!"

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
bandit96 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
watch this video Fifth Gear Mercedes-Benz SLK55 vs SL55 bash407 R171 SLK-Class 0 02-13-2008 07:39 PM
Tag Heuer SLR for Mercedes-Benz Watch malibuite Mercedes-McLaren SLR 5 06-12-2006 09:45 AM
FOR SALE: MERCEDES-BENZ CHRONOGRAPH WATCH riosj63 For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway 0 12-02-2005 08:43 PM
Benz MP3 watch arevee R170 SLK-Class 1 06-02-2005 06:05 PM
You Benz owners better watch out for us BMW drivers... Chipster R170 SLK-Class 10 12-04-2002 03:27 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome