LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Nov 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
NEW INTRODUCTION

Hello - I am quite new @ forums so I hope I am doing this correctly.......
Anyway, I have owned several Mercedes in the past ranging from a 1969 model to 1996.
I currently own a 1994 E420 that I purchased pretty cheap with 99,000ish miles on it earlier this year. The car appears to have been well maintained and is in excellent shape outside and in. I must state that I am an admirer of Mercedes for their quality (baby tanks) and style and not for the materialistic 'image' many seem to think they give an individual. I am old school in my thought process as far as vehicles are concerned and I do not believe in new cars, high car payments, and all the other things attached to such. I have owned other vehicles and have always had problems of some kind regardless of make (ie: american, japanese, etc.).
With that said, I am currently frustrated in obtaining an honest assessment regarding my vehicle and the reality of it's condition. Specifically, I have no mechanic that I can rely on for the truth.
I have close mechanic friends who are 'german-phobes' and do not work on German cars. I had an excellent master Mercedes mechanic who is very highly regarded in my area, however, he has 'personal issues' and trying to keep up with his whereabouts is like being an FBI agent searching a fugitive.
This week when my car began running 'strange', idling rough, and exuding a gross odor, I researched the internet for a reliable, honest, independent mechanic for my car. I thought I found one based on longevity (40 years), other MB owners reviews, and overall reputation of the shop.
Basically, I was informed that my car had a leak or 'issue' with just about every mechanical part. (Only one had been told to me by the previous AWOL mechanic who had my car only two months ago) They did replace a 'distributor' 'spark wire' situation which they stated my car had two (2)? and an oil change for $838.
I know I own an older vehicle and I am prepared for the responsibility of that, however, I really would like to feel that I have someone I can trust and that will be honest with me regarding my individual situation. I am a single mother with a budget (yeah who doesn't have one), but I realize that I have to maintain a car no matter what. I am prepared to do that, however, I do not have unlimited thousands to give to someone just because.
Well, that is my intro - if someone has any advice, or comments I would love to hear them.
PS - I live in the Phoenix metro area.
THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 12:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2008
Vehicle: 1998 SLK230 199,xxx Miles
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 03:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: C55 AMG
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > General Mercedes-Benz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in