Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

subwoofer wiring on a 190e

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  altec3281 
#1 ·
This is my first post on the forum and i'm hoping someone can give me a few pointers to improve the aesthetics of my audio system. Here's the setup:

190e with stock speakers, Sony Xplod head unit w/cd player, Two 10" JL Audio subs in custom sub box, inexpensive "no name brand" amp (not even sure of the wattage on this thing, currently in the process of upgrading). Quality, low grade speaker wire and banana plugs go from amp to subs.

I've had the system up and running for a while now with no issues, but my problem lies in the (lack of) suitable wiring configuration. I have the power cable running from +battery to amp, ground from -battery to amp, and RCA cable running from head unit to amp through the right side of vehicle, but once I get the cables to the rear seats, I cannot figure out how to get them into the trunk without feeding them into a tiny hole in the plastic where the First-Aid kit is. This makes the cables very visible and ugly looking. Ive tried removing the rear seats and I don't see anything. I'm sure I could drill but I'm a novice at this stuff so I don't want to mess up anything. Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.